PDA

View Full Version : sturgeon in san luis forebay?

buzzfishing
09-06-2007, 06:45 PM
I was stripper fishing in the O'neil forebay this past weekend and I came across a dead sturgeon that must have been 5ft long. I was wondering if any of you guys have caught them there and how I should fish for them there? I have a boat too!

vdub
09-07-2007, 01:01 AM
:o

omg...... that's crazy. i dont know why i'm surprised, maybe it's because of the size of that thing, but the draining of the water has killed a lot of fish man.... first that huge striper, and now this sturgeon

sikkwidditt
09-07-2007, 01:06 AM
I dont know if its affected, because of the lake davis, those pike get poisoned........they be doin something over there!

vdub
09-10-2007, 09:38 AM
they said they contained lake davis before the posioning, and that's a large route for the poison to dilute from lake davis to san luis

bretmoua
09-10-2007, 09:49 AM
Now I've heard of sturgeons being in the forebay...but I just haven't heard of anyone catching one yet. I guess not much people have the patience to wait for the bite. Sorry I have no info for you on that, I usually do striper fishing there only. Good luck targeting the sturgeons there.

smithstation
09-10-2007, 01:18 PM
I saw a 4 footer a few years back in the big lake but never in the forbay. They did a few dino plants in there years ago. They catch one every now and then in the big lake. Last one I remember was about 7-8 years ago.

bretmoua
09-15-2007, 12:15 PM
Do sturgeons jump out of the water? A couple years ago while fishing in the big lake by the trash rack, I saw a big fish jump all the way out of the water. It must have been 300 yards away. It was still a big looking fish. It was all white in color. Any ideas on what it might be?