PDA

View Full Version : SAN JOANQUIN RIVER

Reel_Teaser
05-28-2007, 09:21 PM
Last weekend I took a ride up the SJ river with my lowrance pounding the bottom and I did paint a few dinos 1 mile south of san andreas. Has there ever been a research done that showed the ratio of dinos in one river v's the other. Is it even worth drowing bait for? are they so far and few in between that its not worth it...

jiggity49
05-29-2007, 08:43 AM
Me and my dad have caught several stugies from the shoals area on the SJ and no it is not a waste of time. *In fact we even got one up as far as the turnig basin in stockton while fishing for stripers. *they are also caught in Clifton court forbay area fairly regularly so they have to swim up thr SJ to get there. *Don't be afraid to think outside the box sometimes ;) *Remember there is no "magic" gate that keeps the sturgies from going up the SJ and only going to the sac river ;D In fact I've seen a couple of sturgoen roll out around Mossdale before but I don't think they are there in really good numbers but hey you never know till you try! I know that there used to be a great run that would go through the mossdale area years ago but you don't hear any reports from that area anymore :-/

pontoon_crew
05-29-2007, 10:53 AM
I've seen a few pics of Sturgeon caught on the SJ out towards airport Rd. in Manteca,recent pics to.

jiggity49
05-29-2007, 01:54 PM
Come o n pontoon share, even just a little ;)

STURIPER
05-29-2007, 06:44 PM
At the bait shop on South airport there is a pic of a sturgeon caught last week! go check it out....

pontoon_crew
05-29-2007, 11:42 PM
Jimmys 1 stop has the pics!

Reel_Teaser
05-30-2007, 04:09 PM
I will have to drown some magic roe out there and see what takers are on it. My thought were the fishing pressure would for sure be alot lower on the dinos in the SJ, how many dino guys do you really see out there ....... hmmmmm maybe the dinos are more de-ta-de' over there.....well if success comes my way I will be sure to share a few pics and reports........

STURIPER
05-30-2007, 04:32 PM
Reel Teaser,

lets hook up and STING'EM ;) ;)

donzitroller
05-31-2007, 03:52 PM
We've caught sturgeon not far from where the Moke dumps in. Not a keeper yet, but each one keeps getting closer. We seem to catch more stripers, even when fishing with sturgeon bait. It's what we do when we want to kick back, relax, fire up the Barbie, and toss a few back.. oh wait, we do that everywhere.. anyways, when I don't care if I catch fish I make the trip (bout twice a year), cuz when you least expect it.. BAM! FISH ON! It's gonna happen one of these years, and when it does.. you know the rest!