PDA

View Full Version : Any Mossdale Reports?

mark33
11-04-2005, 12:56 AM
New to this area. Has anyone fished the Mossdale area near Lathrop and Manteca? Can you tell me where to find stripers in this area?

Thanks
Mark

deltalover
11-04-2005, 06:20 AM
I fish the area quite a bit, though I havent been there for about a week. It is a good area for stripers when they are there. So far I have only caught shakers this fall, but I have seen a few keepers. I am expecting the bite to pick up there real soon if not already. There are also an occasional salmon to be caught there. I will probably fish there sometime this weekend and will give a report!
http://img84.imageshack.us/img84/4448/moss6sr.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

RPM
11-04-2005, 12:21 PM
Welcome to the board and manteca mark33. I live in manteca also and fish mossdale quite a bit. delta lover is right the big ones are not here yet. they are just a little further down river.But I did get 3 bass yesterday by the bridge in the picture. If you want to hook up send me a I.M. good luck RPM ;) ;D ;)

jearl
11-04-2005, 12:54 PM
Went trolling the "Y" area last Saturday. Got a skunk. Didn't even mark any fish.

Anbody have any idea when the rock barrier is coming down.?
Trolling the area seems much better after that.

Jeff

sarunas
11-11-2005, 08:43 PM
According to the guy at River's End Marina the Rock Barriers came down this week. Lots of Hyacinths floating.

jearl
11-12-2005, 07:18 PM
The floating lettuce sux... going out in the AM.... anybody been out Mossdale lately?

Jeff

RPM
11-12-2005, 07:59 PM
hey jeff talked to some guys trolling three days ago they caught three nice stripers trolling by the rock dam y. yesterday talked to two boats 1 said its okay and the other had just small ones. water temp was 56-57degrees that should be cold enough for the bite to pickup. I was soaking bait off the bank for an hour had some good hits.good luck rpm

dogfish30
11-13-2005, 08:02 AM
I stop at the "Y" after work all the time and I haven't got one yet this year. I'll give it a little more time before I put the boat in for some trolling. Next trip, Montezuma! ;D

jearl
11-13-2005, 10:56 AM
Went out there this AM.
They haven't finished tearing down the rock barrier at the Y.... we did get 2 nice hookups that broke free at the boat .
My buddy insists on using a Walmart spinning rod and it takes him 15 minutes to bring in a 5'lder. The ones today were in the 15lb class.
I think once the barrier is down the fishing will pick up.

Jeff

jearl
11-13-2005, 05:21 PM
BTW... Not much lettuce floating around... unlike last year... so us trolls can do our thing.
I'll be back out there soon.

Jeff

mark33
11-17-2005, 10:13 AM
Is the Y near the old water slides or is it the opposite direction?

BTW nice boat Jeff. Is that a 18' or 21' Seaswirl Striper? I have a 20' Crestliner and was thinking about selling to get a Striper.

Thanks for the reports. Hope to get out there soon.

Mark

jearl
11-17-2005, 11:35 AM
Mark,
The Y is in between The Dos Reis ramp and the Mossdale ramp. To the north of the I-5 train bridge.

I sure love my Striper. Its an 18.5ft with a 7ft cuddy. I have the small engine... a 4 banger. Gets good gas milage while trolling... close to 9 MPG, the top speed is a little slow though... only about 38mph... not really a big deal. Remember, if you get one and buy the bigger engine you'll get about 5 mph faster top speed, but half the gas milege.

Jeff