PDA

View Full Version : tides and striper fishing

docfisher76
10-04-2005, 08:07 PM
we all know that tides have a huge impact on oceanic fishing...esp if u're surf fishing...what about for delta/sac river striper fishing....do you think it has as much of an impact??

DirtyStriper
10-05-2005, 08:29 AM
doc, the delta's tides are all from the ocean, so when it comes to tides it does affect striper fishing, I've had most of my success during the incoming tide, however alot of big fish are caught at the tide change

Fishtale
10-05-2005, 08:53 AM
Tides are a big facror in the Delta. I think everyone has their own preference. My biggest fish came as the tide started it's outgoing cycle.

BassJack
10-05-2005, 10:01 AM
The tides are everything in the delta. Most of my success has come one hour before and after the tide change. I like the incoming tide better than the outgoing because it is not as fast.

bpfishnon
10-05-2005, 08:20 PM
I think of tides like a traffic jam. Do you wanna drive when the current is heavy or are you gonna start when the traffic stops. On the flip side you can use the strong tides as a benefit when the water pushes the bait up against a wall or into an edie(sp) Fish are like us we are not going to go to a buffet on wheel we are going to wait for it to stop then fil;l are plates as fast as we can