PDA

View Full Version : Freeport Stripers

The_Fishing_One
09-19-2005, 12:54 PM
;D this is the best striper year i have seen at freeport since i started fishing there a few years ago

I landed my biggest Striper last Friday the 16th:

It was a beautiful 31" i don't wieght my fish but it was a fat 31"

this year has been strange for me cuz seems like plenty of big stripers are sticking around Freeport or is this just normal for freeport? i have seen big stripers caught there half the time i have fished there this past Summer most were from boat but also some from land

I took some pix but unfortunately my bro deleted them and took silly pix of my girls instead >:(

so my biggest striper ever is only but a mental memory now!!!! >:( :( :(

Freeport is a great combo place for Stripers and Salmon as of now

striper_assasin
09-19-2005, 12:59 PM
nice fish.depending on what you use for bait,you can catch lunkers there all most all year long.are you fishing near the firing line:)near the bridge or near cliffs marina??

The_Fishing_One
09-19-2005, 01:15 PM
I was near the brige lined up with the pumps if thats what they are closer to the west bank soaking sardines on one pull while also had a K-fish wrapped on another

Would of been a blast if that bite i had on the K-fish would of stuck -- am i doing some thing wrong I have never hooked a Salmon on a K-fish got 5-6 take downs before but they never self hook and once i get to the pole it is gone