PDA

View Full Version : Slow Day in Rio

kn6xu
10-31-2006, 07:59 AM
Fished with Bro-N-Laws Bill and Tim Monday. (Bill actually called into work "fishin'") Launched out of Brannon and headed down past the powerlines to check out a couple of spots that had produced the last few times out. Getting set up on the hole was a little tough due to the wind but after a couple of shots we set the pick where we wanted. It was close to the end of the incoming and we managed a few small hits but did not set wood to any weight. When the tide started to shift we tried resetting the pick on the other side of the hole so we could fish back into it with the outging. It's a deep hole for this area but not very wide or long and the wind against the weak tide made for tough boat control. Even the drift sock wasn't enough to keep us heading in the right direction so the decision was made to do some hunting on the back side of Decker to get out of the wind. Found a few decent looking spots but there was no one home. :( We did manage a few shaker stripers thruout the day but that was it for us on this trip. Stll a good time doing what we love doing best with good fishing buds. Tim's still waiting to pop his cherry but the way things have been going it won't be long! That's it for this report......
Next time fellas........next time......

FishFry

rlammi
10-31-2006, 09:29 AM
Thanks for the report ,that wind can make it real tough to keep anything were you want it .What type of baits were you using ? Thanks again for the report .Ron

kn6xu
10-31-2006, 09:49 AM
What type of baits were you using ?Ghost, Pile, and Grass. (I'm out of roe >:() I suppose I shoulda picked up some of the frozen stuff at the bait shop but it just didn't look very good to me. On the other side of that coin......any roe is better than no roe......
My bad!

FishFry

fishrman4life
10-31-2006, 05:07 PM
I got pretty good pulldown from shore on Friday fishing roe and ghost. Set the hook too soon on it though. Live and learn. Might make a Saturday evening trip just to see if it was for real. Fished Sherman Island road at the powerlines from shore.

Know_Excuses
10-31-2006, 05:17 PM
HAH! About time you came home empty handed!!! :P :P :P

LOL JK bud, glad to see your still getting out there.I dont think my odds are good hooking one from my comp ;D ;D

kn6xu
11-01-2006, 06:21 PM
HAH! About time you came home empty handed!!! :P :P :PWell it wasn't do to a lack of effort! *;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Wazzzzppp Mike????

You all preped for the fest??

Know_Excuses
11-01-2006, 07:12 PM
So ready its not even funny!!! Bummer your not gonna be there :'( :'( I was right around your neiborhood today.I was thinking we need to hit the sports bar and tip back a few.You free any weeknights or this weekend after work?