PDA

View Full Version : San Pablo Bay Update

bigworm
05-16-2006, 11:45 PM
Just a heads up. Took my buddy fishin for the first time out on the bay. Anchored 15 minutes he hooks into his first "baby" 30 incher. 5 minutes later I hook into a 37incher. Another 2 stripers followed oh... bout 15 minutes apart - all in about an hour. Tide was good? Almost a full moon this weekend. Wish every day was like that. I think thier beginning to move out of the delta... not sure but they were underneath us on the fishfinder throughout the few hours we were there. 14ft deep. windy, ruff, inland of the pump house 1/4 mile. Any other happenin spots around the bay?

nhbfishin
05-17-2006, 11:59 AM
Thanks for the report. What was the bait of choice? Was your luck on the incoming or outgoing?

RR
05-17-2006, 07:28 PM
i haven't been able to get out much lately so it is real nice to hear your report, thanks!
my last trip out we had to anchor against the wind and bail out some water. didn't mind since the fish were biting.
hope to get out this weekend and teach a few of those diamondbacks a leason.
RR

Smeja
05-17-2006, 11:14 PM
thanks for the report! i was begining to wonder about san pablo and how the bites been in the last week or so. i really wanna get there! it sure doesnt seem to be cooling off. its been hot for awhile out there!

bigworm
05-17-2006, 11:20 PM
I should've stated before the first 2 fish were sturgies. And as for bait. a fellow fisherman was pulling outa Blackpoint when we arrived and gave us his lucky bait for he had caught a legal tender to take home. Thanks again buddy. Grass shrumps seemed to get their attention. Its what he caught his with as well. Takin Friday off work and even if its bad I'm gonna give it another wirl. I'll post again later this weekend.

bigworm
05-20-2006, 07:35 PM
Ditched work and went out on friday. Not much action. one baby leapord shark at the brothers. Tried everywhere. Think my bait was a little off. Had to use frozen shrumps. Herring. Good luck.