PDA

View Full Version : Caught my first Dino keeper today!!

NewDinoGuy
03-19-2006, 09:18 PM
It would have been oversized tomorrow, but caught my first keeper at 57" today in Montezuma Slough. Right before calling it a day caught a 20" striper to. I would say I had a pretty good day. Gorgeous out on the water today! got a couple of pics but cannot figure out how to get them on here.

kromebrite
03-19-2006, 09:27 PM
Right on! Go to the "talk to the sniffer" and there are instructions on posting pics. Very easy to do once you have it down.

donzitroller
03-19-2006, 10:40 PM
Congrats on the keeper! Yep, tomorrow you gotta throw that one back! And a striper to boot! Way to go! Word is fishing is pretty good in there, glad to hear you got in on some of it. I spent the weekend watching Blue Angels, so I got some great pics, but would rather have pics of some fish!

Smeja
03-20-2006, 12:41 AM
Congrats on your first!!! Just in the nick of time too

FishWisher
03-20-2006, 06:31 AM
Congrats on becoming an authentic river rat. (Can't be a river rat without at least one sturgy, can you?)

And the good news is that from now on when you catch a 57 incher you can tell everyone you had to release a monster. * ::)

Dale

levelwined
03-20-2006, 05:08 PM
Congrats one your first 8-) As they say better late than never.. Greet to here somebody got a good size keeper before they changed the reg's. Hopfully it will only take a couple years for the numbers to come back up..

kn6xu
03-20-2006, 11:53 PM
Congratulations on your first! I've only recently started fishing for them myself and I gotta tell ya....
I'm hooked!!
Nice job on the line sider as well! [smiley=thumbsup.gif] [smiley=thumbsup.gif] [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

FishFry

DragonSlayer
03-21-2006, 07:26 AM
Way to go NDG [smiley=bananachaga.gif] You never forget your first [smiley=thumbsup.gif] All the rest big or small won't have that feeling (but close) [smiley=clap.gif]

Capt_Hooked
03-21-2006, 07:27 AM
Nice Job DinoGuy! Sounds like a great day of fishing (Of course they are all good, some are great but they all are good)

cptfishalot
03-21-2006, 07:56 AM
Nice job newdinoguy that's the way to do it...
Yesterday I spent the day at the powerlines had a great pulldown and it got off and then when the tide turned, I saw that bend in the pole and I set the hook. I did battled with the fish for about 30 *minutes when it finally got it to the boat it did a jump and threw the hook. I was so pissed off that I yelling at the top of my lungs, which was OK cause I was the only boat out there and then I realized I would have had to release it anyway cause it was over 57 inches for sure.
Oh well there always next week.....
Tight lines and screaming reels