PDA

View Full Version : Fishing Shadow Cliffs?

jcg
07-21-2005, 09:14 AM
Anyone fish for bass in Shadow Cliffs? I live right near there, but haven't fished it much. I remember someone saying there was some big bass in there which surprised me, so I'd like to learn a bit more about the lake. I think it's mainly known as a trout lake, and I know there are carp in there too as I've seen them crusing the shallows. What sections in the main lake are good for bass? Or do people fish the back ponds for bass? Also do you need a boat/float tube to get to the best bass spots or is shore fishing the way to go?

jcg

jdogg
07-21-2005, 09:22 AM
there's big bass in shadow cliffs. the corner near the swimming area has big bass that try to eat your trout when you are reeling one in, so i'd say use a trout swim bait.
just my $.02 ;D

Finesse
07-22-2005, 09:31 AM
search button will turn up a lot, and try westernbass.com ;)

jcg
07-22-2005, 01:07 PM
I actually tried a search on Shadow Cliffs and nothing much came up, so I made the original post. Maybe old posts don't stay archived long enough, but I will look at the westernbass.com site. If anyone else has any helpful info on bass fishing shadow cliffs that would be great.

jcg

search button will turn up a lot, and try westernbass.com *;)

RolandMartinJr.
07-22-2005, 07:12 PM
Theres a few pictures of 10+lbers coming out of shadow cliffs on ncbf.com during the last few months. One was over 13lbs. There are also a few ponds behind the lake which hold some bass that might exceed 10lbs. All of the bass are florida strain so they have potential. I havn't fished it much but I have seen a lot of bass in the main lake and caught a few in the back ponds. Senkos always seem to work for the back ponds and swimbaits catch the big ones in the main lake.

kstone44
07-22-2005, 07:32 PM
Float tube is definitely the way to go as most of the shoreline is not accessible, and Florida is not the majority strain of bass in there. Its full of Northern strain and the Florida strain. I too have seen monster bass in the front and back ponds. Iíve seen 10+ pound northerns take out of the front and that was 25 years ago way before they introduced the Florida strains.

jcg
07-25-2005, 06:31 AM
So what areas of the lake are best for bass. Is it just over by the swiming area or are there other areas too?

jcg