PDA

View Full Version : NWTF Placer County Banquet

Lumpy
03-03-2010, 03:18 AM
The NWTF Placer County Chapter's 5th annual Fundraiser Banquet is being held this year on March 20th, 2010 at the McBean Pavilion in Lincoln, Ca. Please contact Brian Azevedo at (916) 295-4883 if you would like to volunteer on the committee, purchase tickets, or make a donation to the dinner to help us have a successful night. Hope you can make it.
Check us out on Facebook!

smithstation
03-03-2010, 06:25 AM
The Yosemite Long Beard chapter of the NWTF is having their 16th annual banquet this Saturday (3-6-2010) in Merced.* It will be at the senior center. Doors open at 5pm and dinner at 6:30.* If anyone wants tickets you can call me at (209)769-8059* We have about 20 guns to raffel away. Odds should be pretty good as the ticket sales are down a bit this year.* *Thanks, Jason Smith* aka smithstation

Lumpy, let me know how your dinner turns out. If I can help you at all let me know. I have been a committee member here for several years.

Lumpy
03-03-2010, 08:55 AM
Thanks for the offer, if it's not to much trouble could take some pictures of your banquet room all set up? Could give us some ideas for ours.
God Bless

smithstation
03-05-2010, 02:48 AM
Will do. We are setting up round tables that seat 8 people, we will set up about 20 of these tables. We will use the rectangle tables down the middle of the room for the silent auction items. We put these tables away when the silent auction is over and this is our walk-way for the live auction items. On one side of the room we will have the live auction items set out and on the other side of the room we are doing a dice game, turkey band game, and we will have a card cut going on throughout the night. We will also have the buffet dinner tables set on the same side as the games. There is a stage that the raffel items are set up on as well as the guns and ticket tumbler. The bar is set up in a back corner, the bank area is in another back corner and the women in the out doors table is set along the wall behind the live auction items. Hope this gives you a little idea. I will take some pics and e-mail them to you after the dinner is over. Who is your RD? Ours is Dave.

Lumpy
03-05-2010, 11:51 PM
Thanks man
I like the idea of having the silent auction stuff in the middle and then using the same area for a walk way. We usually have the raffle items on one side of the room, guns and bows on the stage, bar and games at the rear, and this year we are having a buffet and that will on the other side of the room.
Might drive up to Neveda City for their banquet this Friday and see what they do.
Our RD is Pat
God Bless
Shawn

Bakkie
03-06-2010, 07:46 AM
Just got off the phone with Brian, my check is in the mail.

Lumpy
03-07-2010, 01:42 PM
Sweet Bakkie, look forward to seeing ya there!
God Bless

smithstation
03-11-2010, 09:23 AM
We ended up having about 130 paid dinners that night. We made "Golden Gobbler" but I am not sure what the profit margin is for that. I didnt take any pictures, sorry. We made sure we had several prizes for the jakes and after talking to some of the famlies they said what keeps them comming back is how well we treat the kids. I told them that the kids are our future. It was a success but a lot of work for only 7 committee members. Let me know how your dinner does. I think I am going to go to the valley springs dinner if possible.