PDA

View Full Version : Been a busy week!!!

kokaneekid
12-14-2009, 10:49 AM
Last week a buddy and I went out chasing Quail, this weekend I was chasing ducks ..By the way this is great a* fishing and hunting site all packed into one .. It's like a early Xmas present.. Good idea people

3 wild Quail not bad for a evening hunt.*
http://i615.photobucket.com/albums/tt236/jerksrfree/Captainhunting016.jpg

and six*ducks at the lodge
http://i615.photobucket.com/albums/tt236/jerksrfree/instinct009.jpg

JrF 8-)

xxxxxx
12-14-2009, 11:32 AM
nice looking pointer!!!!!!! What area did you get the Quail???

RF

kokaneekid
12-14-2009, 03:09 PM
I could tell ya but then I would have to.... You know the rest. All I have to say is this is a public land hunt.. If I was to give that kind of info up on this site I would run out of quail in a hurry... Thanks for the compliment on my pointer...

JrF ;)

xxxxxx
12-15-2009, 12:42 AM
Well if you won't tell me then I'll tell you....a spot that is.....I deer hunted this year in Omo Ranch and there is public land there and there was a ton of Quail. I saw multiple cubbies every day. They were spotted off Omo Ranch rd about 3-4 miles off hwy 88.....saw a few turkeys to.....just no deer!!!!! Look for a dirt rd named A-Line and you can walk back in there its Sierra Pacific property.

RF

Cal_Kellogg
12-15-2009, 02:07 AM
I've shot plenty of quail in the Auburn Rec area...It's public and the numbers aren't great, but if you work for them you can get your shots...I've never got a limit, but 1 to 5 birds a day is possible if you shoot straight (which I seldom do on quail)....

Berryessa Kid
12-16-2009, 12:17 AM
Nice job on public land!! Not so easy to do anymore... Sounds like you had a fun week. Thanks for the post. Steve.

Americansteel
12-16-2009, 09:30 AM
and six*ducks at the lodge
http://i615.photobucket.com/albums/tt236/jerksrfree/instinct009.jpg

JrF 8-)

you're screwed! I Recognize that limb coming off of the third tree from the top left in the background. i'm going to tell all my buddies where its at and were gonna shoot any duck that flies over that spot! [smiley=krzyhunter4ez.gif] [smiley=krzyhunter4ez.gif] [smiley=krzyhunter4ez.gif] [smiley=krzyhunter4ez.gif] :P

jk. I tend to steer clear of "The Lodge"

kokaneekid
12-16-2009, 02:14 PM
You're funny American Steel, your post cracks me up! Spoken like a true duck hunter. Grey Lodge isn't my first choice when it comes to hunting ducks. But a friend of mine keeps getting resi after resi and I'm not turning em' down. I think Howard Slough is on the agenda for next Sunday, he's got #6. Happy Hunting

JrF [smiley=krzyhunter4ez.gif]

Hof
12-16-2009, 02:19 PM
Sounds like some good shooting JRF. I was out at Grey Lodge Sunday and had a decent day. should have had a limit but I stunk it up. Nice to see you got into some quail. There out there on public land you just got to cover a lot of ground to find them. My friend and I got into a few birds near black butte lake a few weeks ago. I'll be back at Grey lodge chasing ducks Saturday.

Hof