PDA

View Full Version : MBF/MiddleGrounds 11/12

fishguts
11-13-2005, 04:48 PM
Launched at Pittsburg water flat no wind headed on down to MBF, had one solid hookup, stripped line, Jr. played it a while then after one big run, popped off. Couldn't figure it out, brand new razor sharp hooks. Couple small stripers and a bunch of pesky kingfish. 35ft of water.
The MBF security boat was being annoying as usual.
Moved up to buoy 21 on outflow, 41 ft of water, picked up a few shakers and small stripers. No wind, water flat, beautiful day otherwise. Lots of boats on the water.
Watched a guy stick his boat in the mud and fortunately managed to get it off as I was digging for my long rope. Man that must of hurt, he was flying as I was watching and went from fast to zero pretty quickly. One of the guys had to jump in and push it off. Water temp 56 degrees.
Was using grass shrimp, ghost shrimp, roe, shad. Sturgeon came in on the grass shrimp, ghost tagged the kingfish, roe and shad the stripers.
Talked to Fishkiller on the phone and said everyone was having a great time at Merritts Landing. Then we lost contact. Darn cell phones.
I was really impressed at the Pittsburg launch how everyone had it together and managed to launch and retrieve quickly so the next guy didn't have to wait long. Very orderly. Thanks a bunch to all who launched there Saturday.

Supperman
11-13-2005, 05:55 PM
Very nice report fishguts..
Sounds like you had a nice time out with Jr.

Fish On!

newtothegame
11-13-2005, 10:46 PM
great report fishguts! sounds like we were all in the same area ..gettin the same thing lol ....beatiful weather though!! couldnt have asked for better!..... when the tide started movin i thought we would have been into some fish !! grrr ...

jon_may
11-14-2005, 08:39 AM
we were also out , 3 guys , 1 striper! had 1 sturg on for a minute and that was it. >:( i think the weather was too nice!

fishguts
11-14-2005, 11:59 PM
It was an awesome day overall. In any case you don't get many days like that even if the wish aren't cooperating.

STURGEONSTOMPER
11-15-2005, 10:58 PM
[quote author=fishguts link=board=sturgeon_fresh;num=1131925737;start=0#0 date=11/13/05 at 16:48:57
The MBF security boat was being annoying as usual. [/quote]

What do you mean by that?

fishguts
11-16-2005, 09:26 AM
SS
That rent a boat cop was constantly motoring around the fleet, creating wakes and disturbing the fishing. Everyone that I saw was behaving themselves. Its just a power trip and I wonder just what authority this yo-yo.
One one trip I was out with Fishkiller and they told us to move because we were too close, we weren't but he wouldn't leave until we moved. I recall another trip earlier this year where a boat was anchored up and in my opinion was not too close and was told to move and again wouldn't leave until he moved.

SturgeonHunter_420
11-16-2005, 09:29 AM
you guys should pirate his boat and follow him around. see how he likes that. He just wishes he was fishin' too ;)

fishguts
11-18-2005, 02:12 PM
you guys should pirate his boat and follow him around. see how he likes that. He just wishes he was fishin' too ;)

If he was a fisherman, he would realize that "we" aren't a homeland security problem, couldn't care less about the ships and would just leave us alone.