PDA

View Full Version : new to sturgeon

bigwhitey
11-16-2005, 09:05 PM
hey, this is my first post, just found out about fishsniffer from my cousin and now i cant stay off it ;D ;D anyways we've been working on a boat that he bought for about 4 months now and it is ready to take out on the bay. *neither one of us has ever been sturgeon fishing before and are completely ignorant about how to fish for them. *we will be launching out of vallejo, any *good spots near here??any help on rigs, equip, bait,etc would be greatly appreciated,
* * * * * * * * * * * big whitey

sunracer1957
11-17-2005, 09:16 AM
Big go back through some of the older Sturgeon post and you'll get all kinds of info on set ups, If your going out of Vallejo you can try the mouth of the Napa River or out in San Pablo Bay, be sure to fish the tides, watch the currant out in San Pablo cause it can rip down there, but the fishing is good, maybe some of the other guys will post up more spots, hope this helps

Welcome to the boards by the way :D

tankgrunt
11-17-2005, 09:33 AM
Fish in San Pablo Bay about 100 meters north of Buoy 5. Strong outgoing tides are the best, but flood tides can be good too. The bigger the tide, the better.

If you launch in Vallejo, be carefull at low tide. It is really shallow from the ramp to the break wall. After that it deepens quick.