PDA

View Full Version : What R U Bringin?

fishrman4life
11-05-2005, 06:24 PM
Minus beer and chips...what are you all bringing to the bash? We're bringin a BBQ, hotdogs, hamburgers, sodas, etc. How bout you all? I know someone is gonna bring a battery powered TV and DVD player, I can see it already! ;D ;D ;D ;D

BTW: Where in Sacramento can you get roe and eel and grass and ghostshrimp and pileworms?

fishkiller
11-05-2005, 06:31 PM
8)Depends on what I want ,but got plenty of room to haul it down in a 32 ft motor home. Try a bait shop there young gun freeport.And the motor homes got 2 tv and 2 dvd players. ;D

FISHINFOOL
11-06-2005, 10:13 AM
Hey Killer,
Can I watch the Nascar Race on 1 of your TV's????????
Please,Please,Please,Pretty Please ??? ??? ??? ??? ;) ;) ;D ;D ;D ;D
Paul
FISHINFOOL
Lonewolf/Mod@gunsbay.com

ITUKAWAL
11-07-2005, 12:12 PM
I'll be bringing plenty of breakfast pastries for Sat and Sun for those of us not watching that girlish figure and fruit for those who are. There should be plenty of coffee brewing too at my digs. Almost forgot, Chile for Saturday afternoon.

striper_assasin
11-07-2005, 12:27 PM
ill probably get out there some time around 6 oclock saturday evening.i have to work during the day :(.hope theres still room on the bank=)
went to broadway sat. and they had the smallest pile worms in history.hopefully freeport has some nice big juicy ones sat.ill bring some mahi_mahi,deer and some chicken to throw on the bbq ;D 8)

innovate
11-07-2005, 12:48 PM
fishrman4life,

There are three bait shops coming off Highway 160/Freeport Blvd (which take you down to Hood/Merrits Landing). Bob's Bait, Delta Bait and Tackle, and Freeport Bait. All good places to get bait.

You also have Broadway Bait and Tackle on Broadway.

IMO the only bait you'll need is Ghost and Pile. Grass is a bit hard to get this time of the year as it isnt in much demand. Eel is going to cost you a pretty penny @ 40.00 over. In the last few years I've noticed that early in the season Ghost Shrimp is the go-to bait, and later in the season, Pile Worms are the go-to bait.

See you all out there Friday night.

later,
Roland

SturgeonHunter_420
11-07-2005, 11:18 PM
I agree. Broadway has always had dinky little pile worms. Last weekend I went to Freeport bait for pile and ghost. The bait looked awesome. Some of Johnny's pile worms are a foot long and as big around as a marble so try freeport bait. Stomper and I will be at Merrit's 3:00 friday afternoon. Looking forward to fishin'. See you guys out there ;D

fishrman4life
11-08-2005, 12:14 AM
How long does the bait last? How do I store it, etc? Just ice it all down? I might want to come back for Sunday afternoon.

Roland, where are you and Leo gonna be? Are we all fishing in the same place?

Im hoping to bring a neighbor and close friend of mine along.

Please provide directions from HW-50 heading west, I would be very appreciative.

STURGEONSTOMPER
11-08-2005, 06:50 AM
I have a bunch of fresh trout, Thanks krzy ;) Ill bring that

SturgeonHunter_420
11-08-2005, 07:09 AM
How long does the bait last? How do I store it, etc? Just ice it all down? I might want to come back for Sunday afternoon.

Roland, where are you and Leo gonna be? Are we all fishing in the same place?

Im hoping to bring a neighbor and close friend of mine along.

Please provide directions from HW-50 heading west, I would be very appreciative.

Hey bro, the pile worms and ghost shrimp stay alive for only a couple days. When you get it, ask for a box. If they put it in a bag it will die sooner. You can get a bag of ice and bring a cooler with ya. If kept cool, the ghost shrimp will be fine by sunday. The pile worms will be a little slimy, but they work. As for directions, 50-West turns into 80-West. Exit I-5 south. Drive down the freeway for about 10 minutes until you come to Freeport/Pocket rd and turn left at the light. Get into the far right lane and you'll come to Freeport Blvd. Turn right. There are 3 bait shops within a 1/4 mile stretch. I suggest to hit the last one. Freeport Bait. After you get your bait, get back onto Freeport Blvd. Turn right onto the green bridge(Freeport Bridge). Turn left off of the bridge heading downstream. Now you're not far. Keep on this road for about 10 minutes. Merrits Landing is the first driveway on the left. Ya can't miss it bro. Just pull down into it and get this party started. C ya there man. ;D ;D

sunracer1957
11-08-2005, 08:00 AM
420 I thought you said you wern't coming, did you have a change of heart?

STURGEONSTOMPER
11-08-2005, 08:12 AM
Yes he did, I changed it for him. I want him there, hes a good cook ;D

sunracer1957
11-08-2005, 09:51 AM
SS don't forget the Grill and firewood if you have some, I might be able to scrape up a small amount of wood, so anyone who can chip in on the wood it will be helpfull.

Joy said she was going to whip up some brownies and some blue cheese stuffed burgers, I also have some hot dogs I'm bringing.

FYI everyone don't forget paper plates,and such.. also lets keep it clean bring garbage bags, we don't want Sniffers to get a bad rap!!

420 glad your gona be there it wouldn't be the same without you,, Big T was asking me if you were going to be there!!

PlugROCKSTAR
11-08-2005, 09:58 AM
i'm bringing my rod and reel. ;D and ohh carrots for bait. ;D

innovate
11-08-2005, 11:35 AM
i'm bringing my rod and reel. ;D and ohh carrots for bait. ;D

What? No lumpia? Maaaaann. ;D

SturgeonHunter_420
11-08-2005, 03:59 PM
420 I thought you said you wern't coming, did you have a change of heart?

Yep, I wasn't going to come, but then Gary talked me into it. It is hard to turn down fishin' man. Tell Tony that I will be there. Fish on guys!! :D ;D

STURGEONSTOMPER
11-08-2005, 04:25 PM
I have some wood laying around :P Actualy tons of it ;D But I think we need to have a fire ring or a bbq to burn it in. Sun I have a great big 50 gal bbq we could take if you got room :-/

sunracer1957
11-08-2005, 04:31 PM
I'll just toss in my webber, that will cook burgers and such, I thought 420 said there were fire rings down there for the wood?

STURGEONSTOMPER
11-08-2005, 04:33 PM
Yea if your not too loaded down. Ill stack up a bunch of wood also. Listen my heater core went out :-/ Im gonna try to fix it before the weekend but Im not sure Ill have time so Ill be gimpin it down there but should be fine ???

SturgeonHunter_420
11-08-2005, 05:04 PM
I'll just toss in my webber, that will cook burgers and such, I thought 420 said there were fire rings down there for the wood?

There are fire rings, but only a few. If ya want one you have to grab the spot before someone else moves in. Hey Gary, you have that steel 50-gal drum in your garage. All I ever see in that thing is 4 empty bud light bottles and an empty pack of smokes. Do ya need it? Maybe we should bring it on down... ;)just a thought dude

STURGEONSTOMPER
11-08-2005, 05:18 PM
we could do that, plus my old dogs food can would work for awhile ;)

SturgeonHunter_420
11-08-2005, 05:19 PM
aye aye cap'm. Cool, so we can bring 2 burn barrels. That would help alot. 8)

SturgeonHunter_420
11-08-2005, 09:22 PM
hey fishrman4life....how many sturgeon did you catch at the fishkiller derby?

sunracer1957
11-09-2005, 08:13 AM
420 talked with Big T last night and he was jazzed to see you were coming, then he started to mumble something about you guys taking my boat out for a while, I think he was droped on his head when he was a baby :o

STURGEONSTOMPER
11-09-2005, 02:21 PM
DAD >:(

SturgeonHunter_420
11-09-2005, 03:01 PM
420 talked with Big T last night and he was jazzed to see you were coming, then he started to mumble something about you guys taking my boat out for a while, I think he was droped on his head when he was a baby :o *

Hey Sun, I will have the captain's seat of Stomper's rig this weekend. Big T can come out with me. We found a 40 foot hole a little upstream from Merrits that I want to soak a few shrimp in. *;D ;D

sunracer1957
11-09-2005, 03:06 PM
I'll let T know, I'm sure he'll be happy to hear that. he's chompin at the bit to get going. Just like the rest of us but were coming down to the wire, then it's game on

Oh by the way I call first fish!!! ;D

ITUKAWAL
11-09-2005, 03:15 PM
I thought I called first fish when you and I were at Verona 8) 8)

sunracer1957
11-09-2005, 03:34 PM
Verona dosen't count,, this is totaly differnt, ::)

deltalover
11-09-2005, 06:30 PM
I have a burn barrel I can bring and a outdoor double propane heater with 10 gallons of propane. I can also bring a box of garbage bags.

SturgeonHunter_420
11-09-2005, 07:04 PM
I have a burn barrel I can bring and a outdoor double propane heater with 10 gallons of propane. I can also bring a box of garbage bags.

Nice Deltalover! Those outdoor heaters put off a gang of heat. Yup, keep everyone warm ;D Stomper and I are going to gather up a bunch of fire wood to bring too

fishrman4life
11-10-2005, 12:13 AM
Ey 420, I caught 3, believe it or not. All legal! smallest was 53, largest 64.5, the one in between was 55 and a little more.

Tons of little stripers, they were getting annoying. ;D ;D

By the way...we'll bring chips, plates, probably sodas and maybe hotdogs. Propane is in a surplus from what I know. We're tryin to pack light, so any one of those above things could be dropped promptly.

SturgeonHunter_420
11-10-2005, 04:24 AM
Right on. Now that is one fishin trip that was kicked up a notch. Fun! This weekend we are going to kick it up ANOTHER NOTCH! lol. coming down to the wire now boys! Cant wait to get this fishin started ;D

Double_D
11-10-2005, 10:34 AM
I hope some people will bring BBQ's, I just went to check mine and it's full of spiders :o scared the SH$T out of me :o I just chucked it over the fence ;D

I'll bring some charcoal and small propane bottles.

ITUKAWAL
11-10-2005, 10:39 AM
I'm bringing 2 propane Weber units. I think SS is bringing 2 large charcole units. I'll be one of hte go to guys for the coffee, pastries and fruit.

STURGEONSTOMPER
11-10-2005, 01:10 PM
Im gonna bring a folding table with my out door stove and some pans and such for breakfest stuff, gotta eat right when we have all that beer to drink ;D

ITUKAWAL
11-10-2005, 01:28 PM
Bring on the Army, We'll feed 'em ::) ::) ::)

Double_D
11-10-2005, 05:09 PM
Tomorrow afternoon appetizers are on me :)...I just picked up 2 boxes of Lumpia, 2 large bags of onion rings and 1 large bag of breaded mushroom's, and I'll bring my deep fryer...and if that ain't enough we can all ways get more ;)

STURGEONSTOMPER
11-10-2005, 06:22 PM
Im not braggin but heres just a lil reminder of what happends in November in my back yard ;)

http://www.myfishingpictures.com/img/029416.jpg
I got this one in 15 mins ;)

Beleave it or not this fish was taken on Nov 11 some years ago ;)http://www.myfishingpictures.com/img/050956.jpg

ok the 12th my bad :P

This one, like a day ;)

Just a lil reminder that theres realy fish in there :-*

SturgeonHunter_420
11-10-2005, 06:33 PM
YEAH BABY!! That's what I'm talkin' about! Do you guys like ribs? I figured that I would bring a rack or 2 of some grubbin short ribs. Oh, and some mountain dews ;)

STURGEONSTOMPER
11-10-2005, 06:36 PM
Can I go now ::) Im hungry :P

PlugROCKSTAR
11-10-2005, 06:41 PM
Can I go now ::) Im hungry :P

your always Hungry >:(

SturgeonHunter_420
11-10-2005, 06:45 PM
haha, me too. food is good. Especially when you're hungry. Right Stomp? :D

STURGEONSTOMPER
11-10-2005, 06:48 PM
YEA :P

Home made sausage on the broiler now,hmmmm smells awsome ;)

SturgeonHunter_420
11-10-2005, 06:52 PM
AWE!! And you waited 'til i left to cook it eh? >:( lol ;)

STURGEONSTOMPER
11-10-2005, 06:54 PM
I told yea, dumb butt :P

deltalover
11-10-2005, 06:55 PM
Thanks for the pics S.S. My 8 year old grandson was really impressed! I think he wants to be a sturgeon fisherman now (me too)! I am pretty excited, cant wait to get off work and on the road!

STURGEONSTOMPER
11-10-2005, 06:58 PM
Thanks for the pics S.S. My 8 year old grandson was really impressed! I think he wants to be a sturgeon fisherman now (me too)! I am pretty excited, cant wait to get off work and on the road!

Keep in mind not everybody that fishs sturgeon catchs sturgeon :-/ Its not easy.

Double_D
11-10-2005, 07:12 PM
YEAH BABY!! That's what I'm talkin' about! Do you guys like ribs? I figured that I would bring a rack or 2 of some grubbin short ribs. Oh, and some mountain dews ;)

I love them ribs ;D 8) :-*

Farrier_Frank
11-10-2005, 07:48 PM
I'm beginning to lose control; lack of willpower runs deep in my family. I said I was coming down there Saturday, staying for the day and going home. But it's looking more like this Sturgeon Fest is becoming a Fiesta and the Piñata is gonna get popped Friday night. And I hate to miss a party. I just might show up tomorrow night, throw out a bedroll, get a line wet, and jump on some of those ordervors and short ribs before IT gets a chance to put a dent in the food supply. 8)

SturgeonHunter_420
11-10-2005, 08:03 PM
I love them ribs ;D 8) :-*

Oh yeah!! Alright then, RIBS it is. By far my favorite finger fishin' food. Oh, I will bring some chicken wings/legs too :D ;D Boys, we are preparing to put on a full blown munch. I love bbq'n 8)

Double_D
11-10-2005, 08:36 PM
Oh yeah, fishing, Beer, booze, and eating like a Savage, come on down, don't wait FF, if I didn't commit to customers I'd be leaving right now ;D

Farrier_Frank
11-10-2005, 08:51 PM
I've was committed to a customer for Saturday, too, Double D, but I told him the parts weren’t in for his horse so I put him off 'till next week, when it'll be raining and he'll get pissed off at me and I'll lose the rent money. But hey! Priorities are Priorities. ;)

Double_D
11-10-2005, 09:44 PM
I know that one FF, some times I tell them I ain't got a magic wand, and it won't happen today. ;D

fishrman4life
11-11-2005, 12:13 AM
were bringin a pack of bratwurst....who wants snosages?? ;D ;D ;D

MMMMM Ribs sound good...im sure they'll put that ever so slight twist of BBQ sauce on that bait for the sturgies...FISH ON!

SturgeonHunter_420
11-11-2005, 06:18 AM
were bringin a pack of bratwurst....who wants snosages?? ;D ;D ;D

MMMMM Ribs sound good...im sure they'll put that ever so slight twist of BBQ sauce on that bait for the sturgies...FISH ON!

Yeah buddy. Them sturgeon love to get a lick of that bbq too :D