PDA

View Full Version : *updated overnight sturgeon *fest!

Pages : [1] 2

fishkiller
08-16-2005, 04:11 AM
8)Hey guys we all now we can catch sturgeon so lets have an overnight sturgeon fest.I would be willing to set it up at the bait shop.The fest would be for registered sniffers o nly.lets hear some*suggestions for Pittsburg Stugy fest. *
list of people attending are as follows.means registered ;D

fishkiller ;D * * *capt.jim ;D* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
27gw +3 ;D* * * * * * * * * * ** * *
Bassassin ;D * * * * * * * * * *outtabeer ;D * * * * * * * * *
Donzi ;D * * * * * * * * * * * *Flo ;D
SturgeonStomper * * * * * *highasakite ;D ** * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
MR.T ;D * * * * * * * * * * * *Big T ;D
Sunracer ;D * * * * * * * * * *dinoblaster+2 ;D * * * * *
Diamondback70 ;D * * * * * * * Forthekids ;D
Innovate ;D * * * * * * * * * *FFMARYL ;D
Dimpala95 ;D * * * * * * * * * * * *fisherman4life ;D * * *
** * * * * * * * * * * * * ** * *fishhooker ;D * * *
Mjonesjr ;D * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *jake ncb ;D
Fishermanchris ;D * * * * * * * * * * * *Bobbyncb ;D
Chickfishing58 ;D * * * * * * * * * * * *sturgeongeneral ;D
Hogsbro+2 ;D * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * luckystrikerich ;D
Krzyfshrmn ;D
Newtothegame ;D
MR.Pescador ;D
Sturgeonhunter420
*oldfisherman ;D * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

JIM_D.
08-16-2005, 05:21 AM
(Hey guys we all know we can catch sturgeon). I have never caught one, not that I haven't tried, they just don't seem to bite on my line. JIM D.

STURGEONSTOMPER
08-16-2005, 06:02 AM
We might be able to change that Jim, Ive taught alot of guys how to put fish in the boat ;)

Killer set it up Im in 8)

SturgeonVirgin
08-16-2005, 07:26 AM
Interested. put me down. :)

Bassassin
08-16-2005, 07:32 AM
Another great idea from the mind of a killer... 8)

Diamondback70
08-16-2005, 08:30 AM
I'm in....

innovate
08-16-2005, 08:36 AM
I got first dibs on an open seat.

PlugROCKSTAR
08-16-2005, 09:54 AM
Interested. put me down. *:)

shotgun on the cantina ;D and no one touches my Kimchi Bowls ;D

dimpala95
08-16-2005, 10:44 AM
I'm in and if Killer lets me, I got dibbs on his boat.

2QUARTSLOW
08-16-2005, 12:57 PM
Killer sounds good to me also. Only one thing could it possibly be a Saturday into Sunday thing. Im in otherwise.

2 quarts lows with a boat load of fish

sunracer1957
08-16-2005, 01:14 PM
Killer yea I'm interested, we used to have our own derbies in Ohio Walleye fishing when the tournaments were cancelled for whatever reason, everyone threw 50 bucks in the pot and winner take all,, alot of fun cause your fishing with yer best buds and you get bragging rights till the next one..

mjonesjr
08-16-2005, 01:44 PM
Sounds like a plan Killer, just hope it's not over Labor Day Weekend cause I won't be around. So whatcha got in mind.

Oh yeah, ya know that black cloud we were talking about? Are you sure it's niot following you cause I heard the last outing wasn't so good and this time I wasn't there. :o 8) :o 8) :o 8) :P ;D :D :o 8)

fishermen_chris
08-16-2005, 02:11 PM
Sounds good Killer,
set err up. I got room on the boat. ;D

Bassassin
08-16-2005, 02:16 PM
hope it's not over Labor Day Weekend

I second this call. They don't call it the Labor Day Dove Massacre for nothing...or is that just me that calls it that? ;D

dirtydan
08-16-2005, 03:21 PM
8)Hey guys we all now we can catch sturgeon

Speak for yourself Killer :P :P :P ;) :-X ;D

sunracer1957
08-16-2005, 03:25 PM
Gee Dan don't feel bad I've been blanked every time out so far, I just know it will happen soon or later.

even the blind mouse finds the cheese every now and then ;)

fishkiller
08-16-2005, 04:00 PM
8)Sounds like were in motion for a derby. start time sat at noon and weigh in sunday at noon . Borders Benicieca bridge to antioch bridge and all of monty with connecting sloughs.Heres the million dollar question how much for entry fee 20 ,15 10, and prizes we will try to get some donated. So do you want prizes or cash payout for top so many places.Ok no labor day either.Call everyone you know get them involved remmember sniffers only and 1 post dont count the day of the derby.So shadow post um up and Rockstar get busy.The pittsburg launch will be the homebase and the bait shop is there also. Plenty of room to park and Rvs toWhen we get a hard date I will go to harbor master and get the entire lot next to bait shop for event.Need someone to make flyer and registration form who wants it. 8)please Im me or PM if you would like to be on the list fishing. thanks.Oh all people in yer boat need to be registed too no free second stamps here guys ;D ;D ;D

dirtydan
08-16-2005, 04:02 PM

Yup - the blind mouse finds the cheese - and gets his head smashed by the mouse trap. :o Ergo - it's then the second mouse that actually gets the cheese ;)

fishkiller
08-16-2005, 04:27 PM
8)Dirty Dan you had plenty of time to come down and catch one , know you got to pay to play with the big boys. But dont worry Im working on getting prizes for those of you that dont catch a sturgeon , my goal is no one goes home without getting something sounds fair to me. ;) :o 8)

dirtydan
08-16-2005, 04:49 PM
I may jump into this for the fun of it . . . and dang - if I get a prize . . . wooohooooooooo :o

fishrman4life
08-16-2005, 05:13 PM
First of all...is it gonna be THIS weekend? I really want to be in but i kinda have plans this weekend. If its next weekend im in for sure.

HEY ROLAND, Are you gonna use your boat or your dad's?

Maybe I can use our aluminum...ehh...i doubt it. ;D ;D

Hogsbro
08-16-2005, 05:45 PM
Once you set a date I'll see if I can get Hog to join me on my boat. Sounds like fun.

fishkiller
08-16-2005, 06:01 PM
8)Ok how about Sept 10-11th plenty of time to plan with family, after dove opener, last quarter moon phase, weather abit cooler. 8)

PlugROCKSTAR
08-16-2005, 06:12 PM
Gee Dan don't feel bad I've been blanked every time out so far, I just know it will happen soon or later.

and how do you expect to catch one if you miss every single hits sun :o :-* ;D

Bassassin
08-16-2005, 06:21 PM
How's that look? ;D 8)

http://img206.imageshack.us/img206/8748/killermedium1sv.jpg

STURGEONSTOMPER
08-16-2005, 06:35 PM
What...no beer...Yea outta your fricken mind >:( You sure you want me in on this..Better change them rules buddy ;)

Killer I was thinking maybe me and you shouldnt join in on this its kinda a give away buddy ::) We could just coach a team or something of the likes..Whatcha say 8)

Bassassin
08-16-2005, 06:43 PM
I was wondering if you'd notice that... 8)

Safe to say I couldn't make it through a night of fishing without my case of, as 916 puts it, wobbly pops. ;D

Correction duly noted; Alcohol stipulation to be removed from rules...

fishkiller
08-16-2005, 07:43 PM
8)Stomper think of it this way me you fishin for sturgy in a sniffer derby and we fish and dont win someones got big braggin rights bro, cause it aint braggin less you can back it up., I will only not fish if the majority wishes it be. But my boat will be out with people fishing on it. 8)

STURGEONSTOMPER
08-16-2005, 09:02 PM
Ok, lets see what others say. If they dont mind I sure dont mind ;D

SturgeonVirgin
08-16-2005, 09:08 PM
What...no beer...Yea outta your fricken mind >:( You sure you want me in on this..Better change them rules buddy ;)

Killer I was thinking maybe me and you shouldnt join in on this its kinda a give away buddy ::) We could just coach a team or something of the likes..Whatcha say 8)

Lissen to this punk A@# talking samack. :o "Gee dunno if we should fish this thing, I mean gee we might catch all the fish!"

Dude for that reason alone yer fishing. ;)

STURGEONSTOMPER
08-16-2005, 09:31 PM
Ok but youve been forwarned bro :D I dont have a problem takin your money :P

fishrman4life
08-16-2005, 09:56 PM
looks like stomper's gonna be layin the smackdown...maybe :P :P :P

newtothegame
08-16-2005, 10:17 PM
Hi I would love to join in ... need a ride though! Anyone with an open seat let me know .. wld love to get in on some dino action :)

2QUARTSLOW
08-16-2005, 10:34 PM
Killer put me down for 2Q + 1.

Entry fee? Depending on how the prize awards are set. i.e. gear, giftcards, money.

So dont everyone give up different stuff. If killer has a decent set of donated items them money can spots could be paid, if not, money entry fees could be used for prizes and/or money pay outs.

Id say $20 a head.

fishkiller
08-17-2005, 04:52 AM
8)Hey guys Im throwin this out cause there are alot of non boat owners out there that want to fish the derby. Please if you own a boat try to take 1 hitchhiker aboard, I know not everyone has big boats ,but they are sniffers to and they contribute to the boards so open yer boat to them and make new friends.remmember the more entrenants the better.Im starting a list of hitch hikers who wanna fish the derby. 8)

fishkiller
08-17-2005, 04:54 AM
8)all persons wishing to fish this derby but need a ride please IM me to be on the list I will get you a seat in a boat, if you have not already found one. 8)

sunracer1957
08-17-2005, 06:49 AM
If this is gona be a good ol sniffer touney, I think all sniffers should fish, also the Beer has to stay or most of these guys will stay home..as far as prizes go nothings better than CASH!!!

Then you can hand out some gear or whatever after CASH!!!

I think the dates sound fine, a twenty dollar entry fee is not to much to ask and I think a portion of all fees should be donated to this site to keep er going,,
my 02 worth

fishermen_chris
08-17-2005, 06:50 AM
I'll take 2-3 hitchers. I'll talk to Debrah and see if she will put the sniffer stamp on it, that will make it easier to get tackle shops to donate some goodies. ;D
Killer call me on the cell later as I'll be on my way to Oregon to fish the Rogue and see my mom.

STURGEONSTOMPER
08-17-2005, 07:07 AM
I kinda like the idea of a donation to the sniffer...Thats cool Tom..Your a good man my friend ;)

jon_may
08-17-2005, 07:28 AM
what are we talkin ???, biggest,heaviest ???

sunracer1957
08-17-2005, 07:29 AM
SS if this is gona be a Sniffer Sturgeon Derby lets help out what make this all possible, we wouldn't even be having this Idea without the board and it takes buck to keep er up and running.

Plus maybe we could get them to put a banner on the board to help promote the derby,, heck why not toot our own horn

tankgrunt
08-17-2005, 08:23 AM
I might just have to see if the warden will give me a furlough to fish that night ::)

ywk42
08-17-2005, 08:58 AM
Knee willing I am in ::) ;D ;D ;D...G W

STURGEONSTOMPER
08-17-2005, 09:26 AM
I agree sun...This will be a hoot..Ive already cleared it with the control tower. Stompers clear for take off ;D

mjonesjr
08-17-2005, 09:53 AM
Soooooooo do we have a confirmation of Sept 10th & 11th? ??? Need to plan ;)

Screaming Reels,

mjonesjr

donzitroller
08-17-2005, 11:48 AM
OK can't take it anymore.. I'm in.. boat or no boat, I'm in. Where there's a will there's a way. Maybe my boat be floating by then! If not, I'll hitch it!

So far, Antioch Bridge to Benicia Bridge. How far up the Sacto? Broad Slough? Powerlines?

If the TWO of YOU GUYS ain't numbers 1 and 2, there gonna be some serious tail draggin! This thing seems to bringin us all out of the woodwork, not just for the cash, but also some glorious braggin rights! Imagine toppin Killer or SS in a Sniffer sturgy derby? A guy could ride that wave for a while! I should fish my brother's 14' Klamath just to make it interesting! LOL.. Lookin forward to this one! If it's the 10th-11th, I'm in! FISH ON!

smithstation
08-17-2005, 12:08 PM
On a $20 pot what if it was split 3 ways? $10 for the pot, $5 for the sniffer, and $5 for the freedom's angels foundation. It is for the soldiers of the US Forces. Check out the info: http://www.tnugent.com/freedomangels.shtml

Just an idea.

Hogsbro
08-17-2005, 12:12 PM
Does the heaviest legal fish win the pot, or are you planning on spinning the wheel?

2QUARTSLOW
08-17-2005, 12:23 PM
So many options.

Thing about it. Biggest = Length, Heaviest = Weight, or Target Length = After everyone is in pull a length out a hat.

Like I said so many options.

Also a donation to the boards is a good idea.

sunracer1957
08-17-2005, 12:31 PM
Well it really isn't braggin rights if you catch a fish to get pulled out of a hat, Biggest is Biggest no matter how you look at it!!

Hard to brag if you catch a 48"er and beat a guy who caught a 72" 90lb hog ::)

smithstation
08-17-2005, 12:39 PM
Heaviest fish takes 60%, second takes 25%, and smallest legal fish takes 15%. After the Sniffer gets their cut?

Fishkiller_Jr.
08-17-2005, 12:46 PM
;)If anyone has dibbs on Fishkiller's boat its me after all i'm his son ;D ;D

penn_yan_bill
08-17-2005, 04:02 PM
Wish I could be there too. However, it's really not the FIRST Sniffer derby. Groundy ran one in 2001. We fished out of Rio Vista. I even won a years subscription to the Sniffer.

wayneo
08-17-2005, 05:48 PM
You have to be A forum member to fish it .Also everyone on board does to

fishkiller
08-17-2005, 06:05 PM
:o Ok we got a small snag here guys. the9-11 is pittsburgs seafood festival and the entire water front is off limits. So it will be the 17-18 start time saturday 12.01 am sat morning to sunday 1.30 pm weigh in starts at 1.30pm sunday ends at 2pm.Hows that sound or you want more time to fish. 8)

Fishkiller_Jr.
08-17-2005, 06:05 PM
i see ;)

PlugROCKSTAR
08-17-2005, 06:22 PM
the girls and I are in the process of moving when we get back from Oregon :-[

916 is out for now until further notice from Control Tower :-[ :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

Hogsbro
08-17-2005, 06:26 PM
Well it really isn't braggin rights if you catch a fish to get pulled out of a hat, Biggest is Biggest no matter how you look at it!!

Hard to brag if you catch a 48"er and beat a guy who caught a 72" 90lb hog ::)

This may be the same thing, but IMO the big winner should be the heaviest legal fish. I only say this because I've seen 66 inchers that were hevier than 72 inchers.

fishkiller
08-17-2005, 06:35 PM
8)Ok guys as far as donations go , the entry fee is 2o dollars per person.The donation to the sniffer is going to be 2.50 per entry fee..All entries must be recieved by the 14th . late registration is 30 dollars and Pm me for arrangements. To win you need the largest legal fish incase of a tie i go to weight.There may also be a prize for largest striper brought in.As of know it will be a cash payout and raffle prizes. What do you guys think about a BBQ of hotdogs chips and sodas at raffle time. 8)

ywk42
08-17-2005, 06:44 PM
based on the last Derby :'( I Am leaving now for the weigh in........ :) G W

fishkiller
08-17-2005, 06:51 PM
8)I see the need for a boundry on the sac due to Donzi so this one is easy we all now the marker. Boundries are from the benieca bridge to antioch bridge on san juaqin and channel marker 14 on the sac , monty slough and and all connecting sloughs in monty.Thats alot of water guys. dont be late for weigh in. Remmember your fish must be alive or face a size and weight penalty.Stripersare included in penalties . You can weigh any fish during baitshop hours during derby got a big one get it there. ;) ;D ;D :o 8)

STURGEONSTOMPER
08-17-2005, 07:00 PM
based on the last Derby :'( I Am leaving now for the weigh in........ :) G W

Now thats NOT funny :-/ Sheet happends 8)

donzitroller
08-17-2005, 07:11 PM
Ahhh.. yes.. thanks for the Sac inclusion! Buoy 14 is good enough for me! We all know that there aren't any big sturgies up that far anyways, right? That weekend isn't the greatest due to family things, but it is what it is.. I'll be there if I can! As for the prizes, I think it's got to go to biggest fish.. I guess with the exception of oversize? Sure won't be me, but someone might! FISH ON!

fishrman4life
08-17-2005, 07:47 PM
I really want in on this, but I havent gotten into sturgeon fishing. I know the gear, etc required. Everything in that area, I got. I need to know a locale that I can practice from shore that isnt dangerous for an experienced angler. I dont want to travel to the delta, so if there is a place on the sac in the sacramento area i can practice on, please let me know.

Thanks guys,

F4L

innovate
08-17-2005, 07:49 PM
Ed - Hood/Courtland. I will show you the Hood. The clock is counting down to Thanksgiving.....

Bassassin
08-17-2005, 08:41 PM
I will update the flyer with the new information and send out an update tomorrow.

I have to ask though; If Donzi and 916 can't make the 17th/18th maybe we should consider the following?? We have to have those guys along for the ride...

PlugROCKSTAR
08-17-2005, 08:44 PM
I will update the flyer with the new information and send out an update tomorrow.

I have to ask though; If Donzi and 916 can't make the 17th/18th maybe we should consider the following?? We have to have those guys along for the ride...

uuuhhhh you guys would do that for Donzi and Muah ;D you guys are whole bunch of nice guys ;D

Bassassin
08-17-2005, 08:51 PM
I could also go the more generic route and suggest that waiting until the 24/25th gives everyone more time to plan. 8)

(but you and I will know why I originally brought it up ;D)

PlugROCKSTAR
08-17-2005, 08:54 PM
I could also go the more generic route and suggest that waiting until the 24/25th gives everyone more time to plan. 8)

(but you and I will know why I originally brought it up ;D)

yeah yeah yeah i know i know. plus Donzi and I gotta fish. I owe him a few Wobbly Pops ;D

donzitroller
08-17-2005, 10:52 PM
Bassassin, I appreciate the though there for sure! The following weekend (24th/25th) would be much more convenient for me. I do realize, however, that if we try and schedule this to mesh with everyone's personal schedule it won't ever happen. I've only made one Sniffer get together, Melones Fest, and I'd sure hate to miss this one. I've always been a Delta guy, though mostly for stripers, and I owe Killer BIG TIME for turning me onto the world of sturgy fishin. Never again will I give my rod tip just the casual glance with the clicker on. In this world, IT IS WHAT IT IS.. and if it works out, great. If not, so spins the world anyways. I would sure like to meet and fish with you guys though! With that said, I'll leave it with a warm and fuzzy heartfelt holler of "FISH ON!"

fishrman4life
08-18-2005, 01:18 AM
:'( :'( :'( I so wish I could get in on this. My mom would still worry to crap about me. Im nine-fracken-teen. I dont have enough experience with sturgeon though...man this sucks!! :(

Diamondback70
08-18-2005, 06:43 AM
F4L, If I have my boat up and running, you can hit a ride with me. I'll talk to your Ma and tell her it will be okay ;)

sunracer1957
08-18-2005, 06:56 AM
F4L

Don't get down and out yet, if Dback isn't up and running by Derby time I'm sure one of the other guys will help you out, this is a great bunch of guys and we all watch over each other on the water, most of us have Radios and cell phones if theres any problems, and all these guys know the Delta and always try to play it safe.. it's all about having fun and safty comes fisrt,, we'll try to get those who want to go who don't have boats matched up with someone ;)

smithstation
08-18-2005, 09:37 AM
The third weekend in Sept. is opening day of deer season in a lot of areas, so, the following weekend would probably be the best. And 916 and Donzi could make it. Dont know how many deer hunters there are out there but it may keep a few guys out.... Just chum for thought...

ITUKAWAL
08-18-2005, 09:46 AM
Once it gets past the middle of Sept " I'm open "

Put me in coach - I'm ready to play.

mjonesjr
08-18-2005, 12:34 PM
Killer, please confirm the date and etch it in stone with what ever the final decision is.

Thanks,

mjonesjr

donzitroller
08-18-2005, 03:55 PM
Yeah, I gotta start diggin for pileworms! DoubleD, wanna help me out? :P

PlugROCKSTAR
08-18-2005, 04:35 PM
Yeah, I gotta start diggin for pileworms! DoubleD, wanna help me out? *:P

Double_D doesn't use worms for bait Donzi. He says he uses WOOD. Not sure how well WOOD would do for Diamondback's. Hey Double_D Alaskan Yellow Cedar floats ;D

donzitroller
08-18-2005, 05:13 PM
Double_D doesn't use worms for bait Donzi.

LOL.. yeah but thought he might wanna help me round some up! They're so cute and cuddly.. ;)

fishrman4life
08-18-2005, 05:18 PM
i'll talk to my mom about it and maybe if she talks to you guys...I might be able to get in. Nothin beats raisin money for the sniffer. Actually, I should probably talk to my dad about it. He's usually more lenient with this kind of stuff. It is fishing after all and he knows all too well how much he and I both love to do it. With the dough on the line here, maybe I might be able to sway him by giving 10 percent to the mom and dad fund (if I win). ;D ;D ;D

Diamondback70, Thanks a bunch for the encouragement. I appreciate it...and that whole talking to the parents suggestion. I'll hit you up with their number if its okay with them.

You too sunracer, all you bunch of guys make me happy I found this site in the first place :D :D

CHICKFISHING58
08-18-2005, 06:07 PM
Sounds good Killer,
set err up. I got room on the boat. ;D
We all herd that one before ;D I'm in but can I catch fish this time ;D ;)

PlugROCKSTAR
08-18-2005, 06:34 PM

Women and Sturgeons WOW ;D i gotta be there for this event. ;D

fishkiller
08-18-2005, 07:43 PM
8)Ok etched in stone the derby is the 24-25. The derby starts 4am sat morning until 1pm sunday. weigh stops at 2pm. Prizes will be give out with raffle prizes . hotdogs chips and sodas at weigh in. there will be no more changes mage to dates and times. all entries must be recieved by the 21st. late entries are 30 dollars. 8)

Bassassin
08-18-2005, 07:53 PM
Here you go killer...

Mr.Pescador
08-18-2005, 09:22 PM
I'm in. How do we enter and where do we send the fees?

donzitroller
08-18-2005, 10:18 PM
Been too long since I've been on a marathon! Gonna feel like old times!

Now.. can someone fish Saturday and then go home? As long as they check in and out, but not stay the whole time? Sorry if I sound like a rookie here, uh, well.. I guess I am.. so scratch that.. :-[ Maybe a brief run-down of the ground rules now that this thing is official. I've only had sturgeon cheese fall onto my cracker a few times..

Very much lookin forward to it!

FISH ON!

fishrman4life
08-18-2005, 11:14 PM
O MY GOD my mom is gonna let me do this. As long as all the safety procedures are in place she doesnt have a problem with it. I thought it was gonna be a bunch of trouble getting her to let me do it. SHE SAID NOT A PROBLEM. Im gonna be there and my tackle is too. WATCH OUT STOMPER f4L is comin for ya! ;D ;D ;D

donzitroller
08-18-2005, 11:18 PM
WATCH OUT STOMPER f4L is comin for ya! ;D ;D ;D

Sounds like someone is throwin down the gauntlet already! LOL! YOU GO BRO!

FISH ON!

STURGEONSTOMPER
08-19-2005, 01:59 AM

Oh hell no ;D

STURGEONSTOMPER
08-19-2005, 02:02 AM
O MY GOD my mom is gonna let me do this. As long as all the safety procedures are in place she doesnt have a problem with it. I thought it was gonna be a bunch of trouble getting her to let me do it. SHE SAID NOT A PROBLEM. Im gonna be there and my tackle is too. WATCH OUT STOMPER f4L is comin for ya! ;D ;D ;D

LOL Bring it on lil guy ;D I hope you have new line on your pole, gonna need it ;) Have you even ever seen a sturgeon :-/ I hear they are hard to catch ;D

fishkiller
08-19-2005, 05:12 AM
8)Nope not gonna say it. But I will say it aint braggin unless you can back it up. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D 8)

SturgeonVirgin
08-19-2005, 05:36 AM
Last three replies here were at 12 am to 230 a.m.; you people ever sleep?

STURGEONSTOMPER
08-19-2005, 06:21 AM
Better wear your water wings dude ;D

SturgeonVirgin
08-19-2005, 06:50 AM
*Better wear your water wings dude ;D

Good advice from SS, trust me I know. :o

CHICKFISHING58
08-19-2005, 10:15 AM
Oh hell no ;D

What do you mean :'(

fishrman4life
08-19-2005, 10:39 AM
Water wings? I dont think so. Have you seen the guns on this kid? ;D 120 lb boxes arent a problem....70 lb sturgeon should be a piece of cake....it may be stale, almost undigestable cake...but cake nonetheless ;D ;D ;D All in good fun fellas...but seriously? I expect to be whooped bigtime. ;)

2QUARTSLOW
08-19-2005, 01:13 PM
LOL *Bring it on lil guy ;D I hope you have new line on your pole, gonna need it ;) Have you even ever seen a sturgeon :-/ I hear they are hard to catch ;D

Oh, no you didnt F4L. Man you get SS and his bunny upset like that maybe he will have to open a seat and a can of whoop A$$ beer.........hahahahahaha ;D ;D

Man I just cant stop laughing, this is some good stuff, my brain hurts from trying to write it all down. LOLOLOLOLOL

F4L way to hit the sturgeon board, hahahaha, still cant stop laughing, SS be gentle, hahahahahahaha

Its taken me ten minutes to write this post, Ill be back when I compose myself, ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o

innovate
08-19-2005, 03:41 PM
Water wings? I dont think so. Have you seen the guns on this kid? *;D 120 lb boxes arent a problem....70 lb sturgeon should be a piece of cake....it may be stale, almost undigestable cake...but cake nonetheless ;D ;D ;D All in good fun fellas...but seriously? I expect to be whooped bigtime. ;)

You're gonna be in for a ride, Eddie. You think that Bass at Amador was tough? Imagine that fish fighting times 1,000 and ripping current on top of it. WHOO.

At any rate, it's good to see you're wanting to join the sniffer crew of Sturgeon hunters. We're a good bunch to learn from.

So who's willing take fishrman4life and I on their ride? :D

Hey if I dont catch any sturgeon I'll probably be able to hook a Stickfish or Weedbass or something.

LETS GET IT ON!

fishguts
08-19-2005, 04:56 PM
I am in as long as my boys can go along. Wife out of town that week. They are not registered sniffers.
Joe P.
What my son told me at UVR this past week.
"Dad, I am tired of catching Kokanee, can we got get another big sturgeon"? Jacob 11y/o.

fishkiller
08-19-2005, 05:08 PM
8)joe chech your email. 8)

fishkiller
08-19-2005, 05:12 PM
8)I got 5 boats with 7 seats so far who needs a ride. Im me for a seat. 8)

fishguts_jr
08-19-2005, 05:53 PM
I told my dad i want to go.

fishrman4life
08-19-2005, 06:03 PM
if DBack cant take me (and I hope he can cause I dont wanna go overboard by Sturgeon Stomper's hand ;D ) I'll go with ya fishkiller

wayneo
08-19-2005, 07:03 PM
I'M OUT >:(

fishkiller
08-19-2005, 07:19 PM
8)the derby is 5 weeks away work out yer schedules so ye can go , quit whinin and workit out.I will quarranty you dont wanna miss this derby cause you watch the trash talking has already started and will be in full bloom in 2-3 weeks this I know.Yo Sturgeon stomper if you or I win we donate top prize back to the sniffer. 8)

donzitroller
08-19-2005, 07:23 PM
Yo Sturgeon stomper if you or I win we donate top prize back to the sniffer. 8)
That's a great idea.. it's not gonna be about the money here.. but the right to talk trash and have backed it up.. FISH ON ;D

fishkiller
08-19-2005, 07:55 PM
8)oh I pulled up an early post this year so you guys can see a 72 incher for those of you that never seen one . 8)Its just to get yer blood flowin and I know it is now. ;D

donzitroller
08-19-2005, 08:45 PM
Big fish there bro.. see my post over there.. ;D

as a thought, how bout a wobbly pop award to the first one to puke that weekend..lol.. :-X

I'm gonna see about getting my work to donate a gift certificate or something to help the cause..

FISH ON

dimpala95
08-19-2005, 10:22 PM
I can hardly wait. I need to wash all this salt water off my gear. I've been fishing for linesiders in the surf for over 4 months and it's winding down.

fishguts
08-19-2005, 10:26 PM
Fishguts jr (Jacob) has a 72 incher to his resume this year too and he's in.

fishrman4life
08-20-2005, 12:18 AM
I cant hardly contain myself seeing some of the Braggin' Rights sturgeon photos....gets my blood pumpin for some good times in this little shin-dig ;D ;D ;D

fishkiller
08-20-2005, 03:09 AM
8)Welcome to the board fishguts JR and I have seen your 72 inch dino, great job.At 11 you got lots a braggin rights over some people. Look forward to seeing you in the derby, and on the boat this morning . Lets see if we light up the board to day with some pics and get these guys jumpin. 8)

mjonesjr
08-20-2005, 08:17 AM
Welcome to the board fishguts JR and I have seen your 72 inch dino, great job.At 11 you got lots a braggin rights over some people)

Yeah, he does. Lots of people have been on the quest here and are yet to achieve thatg kinda success. Props to you JR! :D

STURGEONSTOMPER
08-21-2005, 08:27 AM
I will donate my prize if I win..Thats cool, I just want the rights to talk smack till the next line up ;D

5 weeks huh...Better get some scouting here huh killer 8)

It looks like I have a full boat as of right now with sturgeonhunter420(my nephew) and Mr.T . If this changes Ill let yea know ;)

krzyfshrmn
08-21-2005, 08:49 AM
Just got back to town and saw this thread......I NEED A RIDE.

fishrman4life
08-21-2005, 02:08 PM
stomper I have to say....when I first saw you in your pictures the first thing that came to mind is broad-chinned, dock-working, hard-working, sturgeon-hunting yankees fan with a thick new york accent

but I have a feeling your not really like that ;D ;D ;D

STURGEONSTOMPER
08-22-2005, 04:21 AM
stomper I have to say....when I first saw you in your pictures the first thing that came to mind is broad-chinned, dock-working, hard-working, sturgeon-hunting yankees fan with a thick new york accent

but I have a feeling your not really like that ;D ;D ;D

haha..Im from Wisconsin ;) And I hate the yankees >:( And yes I work very hard...Have all my life and it pays off. 8)

SturgeonVirgin
08-22-2005, 05:33 AM
haha..Im from Wisconsin ;) And I hate the yankees >:( And yes I work very hard...Have all my life and it pays off. 8)

CHEESEHEAD!!!!!

sunracer1957
08-22-2005, 07:04 AM
Krzy I have an open seat for you if you need a ride, let me know!!! I want the best fisherman in Sac on MY BOAT!!!!

Seeing how SS forgot about me :'( Thats ok, I know where I stand

CHICKFISHING58
08-22-2005, 09:14 AM
Krzy I have an open seat for you if you need a ride, let me know!!! I want the best fisherman in Sac on MY BOAT!!!!

Seeing how SS forgot about me :'( *Thats ok, I know where I stand
Tom,
I hate that when your fishing buddies forget about you I hope your werent the fishing buddy from hell ;D ;)

sunracer1957
08-22-2005, 02:53 PM
it's ok Chick I got Krzy to join me ;D seeing how Stomper dosen't love me anymore and never takes me fishing :'(

STURGEONSTOMPER
08-22-2005, 03:33 PM
it's ok Chick I got Krzy to join me ;D seeing how Stomper dosen't love me anymore and never takes me fishing :'(

Go to your room if your gonna pout >:( ;D

sunracer1957
08-22-2005, 03:35 PM
Well OK then, I guess I'll have to fish with someone else then, boy I hate when I get no love

STURGEONSTOMPER
08-22-2005, 03:44 PM
Well we need more boats so I figured youd bring yours too ;)

sunracer1957
08-22-2005, 03:46 PM
See I knew there was a good reason for you to forget all about me!!! now I feel better :-*

marnilr
08-22-2005, 04:42 PM
Fishkiller,

I'm interested but have questions. Do you have more info on this?

Thanks

STURGEONSTOMPER
08-22-2005, 05:38 PM
Whats the ? I might be able to help yea ;)

STURGEONSTOMPER
08-22-2005, 05:40 PM
8)Hey guys we all now we can catch sturgeon so lets have an overnight sturgeon derby.I would be willing to set it up at the bait shop.The derby would be for registered sniffers only.lets here some suggestions for sturgy fest Pittsburg. the list has started. Fishkiller fishkillerjr Sturgeon Stomper MR.T Bassassin Diamond back 70 Innovate 916 steelhead Dimpala95 2Quartslow Sunracer Mjonesjr Fisherman-chris

Get krzy on that list, hes gonna be with one of us ;)

krzyfshrmn
08-22-2005, 06:41 PM
Looks like the list needs to be updated for quite a few more heads.

Bassassin
08-22-2005, 07:25 PM
Welcome back Krzy...I want to hear all about the muskie fishing... 8)

Yep...add Donzi to that list. He will be retreiving my beers...uh I mean fishing with me that evening. ;D

krzyfshrmn
08-22-2005, 07:57 PM
Water temps were near boiling, so the Muskys were'nt very cooperative Jason.....end of hijack ;D

This may have been brought up already, but did'nt notice it while skimming over all the pages.

Since this is a 2 day event, are we allowed to way in 2 Sturgeon if the fish gods allow, or is this based on one fish per person ??? ??? :-/

innovate
08-22-2005, 08:08 PM
sunracer,

You still lookin' fer someone to fish with ya? Im certainly no Sturgeon Stomper or fishkiller, but I've got quite a few sturgeon on my resume. Let me know please!!! :D

Roland

fishkiller
08-22-2005, 08:09 PM
8)Ok who let the dogs out back back I say.2 fish dream on krazy 1 fish perperson .It is an overnight derby. And you must be a registered board member and be an active poster . If you only have 1 post when you register sorry who are you active members only.Oh some people are worried about cheating, my quess would be possible but why for money, I think it is safe to say if someone cheated being banned for life would be just a start.Ok gonna update the list.THEKILLER>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>

innovate
08-22-2005, 08:12 PM
fishkiller,

Cheating would mean someone swimming with the stickfish and weedbass and a very mad Sturgeon Stomper waving bye to the perpetraitor saying "GOOOO AWAAAYY" ;D ;D ;D

krzyfshrmn
08-22-2005, 08:16 PM
Me and Sun are teaming up Roland.

fishrman4life
08-22-2005, 08:20 PM
Guys, I need to know where to send the fee. Can you give me an address or something?

BTW: Fishkiller, you gonna get back to me on reserving a spot on one of your boats for me in case DBack cant make it?

I have a feeling he will, but Im just looking for some extra security. ;D ;D ;) ;)

fishrman4life
08-22-2005, 08:21 PM
* Me and Sun are teaming up Roland.

uh oh, looks like roland is being left out in the cold ;D ;D

innovate
08-22-2005, 08:31 PM
uh oh, looks like roland is being left out in the cold ;D ;D

Yeah man. No good. No sturgeon or wobbly pops for me. :-[

donzitroller
08-22-2005, 08:38 PM
Yep...add Donzi to that list. He will be retreiving my beers...uh I mean fishing with me that evening. ;D
Yeah but I'll need margarita mixing lessons!

STURGEONSTOMPER
08-22-2005, 08:52 PM
You guys know what..If this thing gets as big as I hope it will. Nobody will be left out ;) I say we post a hitchhicker request and let everybnody know...WE NEED BOATS ;)

fishkiller
08-22-2005, 09:05 PM
8)Fisherman4life relax guy I got seats on boats open. Now there is a registration for almost done you can print it off here it will have all the info were to send fees and so on.your username will be reguired or screen name and will be verified. and the list is updated if I missed someone Im sorry let me know and I will put you on the list. ;) 8)

NorCal_Bangers
08-22-2005, 09:09 PM
HEY-HEY-HEY ;D ;D

i leave and come back to see this!!!!!!!!! i love it.....good work to the KILLER and crew for putting this together......it seems really organized. i might just be tempted to enter the crew!!!!! we got a few tricks up our sleves......(holes that pay off)

well we'll just have to see. if the timing is right then the NCB crew will be out there....

ncb

fishkiller
08-22-2005, 09:23 PM
8)It is as easy as signing up, pay the fees and catch the biggest dino. So wanna sign up yer crew or sit on the fence. Or voluntier to help with the BBQ and weigh fish theres lots to do. 8)And wheres my shirt.

2QUARTSLOW
08-22-2005, 10:54 PM
Killer take me off of the tourney, :(

I wont be able to get my dad a computer, internet connection and get him putting up post in time for the tourney.

Serious my 2Q + 1 was me and my dad.

Sorry fellas, :( :(

fishrman4life
08-22-2005, 11:47 PM
Before you do that killer, 2quarts needs to check his PMs, Im gonna help him out.

FISHINFOOL
08-23-2005, 04:18 AM
OK guys/Gals I've been out if sercalation for awhile,so I just seen this post....I want in but need a ride unless I can find a motor & get it set up on my tri hull before then(in the 100 HP range)
Anyway, I'm way overdue for some fishing time,Can someone help ::)
Of coarse SS has a full boat LOL,been trying to get a lesson or 2 from him for agesLOL ;D.
Hope to beable to catch all you guys out there & I haven't got to welcome you guys?Gals that are new the last few months so I'll say it here "BIG WELCOME"& hope to beable to meet you all soon
Paul
FISHINFOOL
Lonewolf@gunsbay.com

Bassassin
08-23-2005, 07:23 AM
Yeah but I'll need margarita mixing lessons!

You want me to share my secret recipe with...YOU? :P

zerbert
08-23-2005, 11:26 AM
I am going to sign up for the derby too. I have a 71 3/4 inch sturgeon to my resume last year.
Ben
fishguts older son

fishermen_chris
08-23-2005, 12:48 PM
Hey guys Just got back from Oregon, didn't even fish. :'( All the guides up there were getting stinky so I didn't want to show them up on their home river. ;D ;)
It was really nice up ther but the Rogue is to warm and the salmon are not comming in.I left a message for deborah to see if we can put the sniffer seal on this doo-dad. as soon as I get the ok I'll goto the different shops and see what they would be willing to donate for prizes.
Plus I'll have 2-3 seats for the ones without a ride.

grammar_police
08-23-2005, 01:05 PM
Killer,

Please sign me up. I am game for a sturgie fest! I am 75% sure I will be boatless, and 25% the opposite. Will know closer to derby time.

;D

CHICKFISHING58
08-23-2005, 01:47 PM
Hey Killer,
Can you post a list so I can see who I have to beat ::) ;D ;)

fishkiller
08-23-2005, 04:11 PM
8)the list is the first post by me page 1.Welcome zerbert glad to have you aboard. 8)

marnilr
08-23-2005, 04:12 PM
Whats the ? I might be able to help yea ;)

Thanks for the offer. I sent my questions to Fishkiller though. :) I'm hoping it works out so I can participate, AND... I think I have my husband talked into it too. ;D

fishrman4life
08-23-2005, 09:30 PM
No biting, pinching, shots to the groin or any other all around funny business. I want a good clean derby.

Lets get it on!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D

smithstation
08-24-2005, 09:14 AM
Do we have to be there at the 4am start time if we pre pay/register? I have a commitment in the morning but I would like to drive down and fish the evening/over night? What do the laws(rules) state?

CHICKFISHING58
08-24-2005, 10:09 AM
No biting, pinching, shots to the groin or any other all around funny business. I want a good clean derby.

Lets get it on!!! *;D ;D ;D ;D
THATíS OK I'LL BE A BOADYGAURD :-* ;D ;)

fishkiller
08-24-2005, 03:26 PM
8)theres no check in.the derby starts at 4 am.I know some will launch brannon, brendons, Pittsburg, Rio vista, susuin, martinez .It will be on your honor. Just remmember the weigh in is in pittsburg so remmember if it is windy it could be a long ride back.Sept usually has some fog to so watch the weather guys and gals. 8)

fishrman4life
08-24-2005, 05:22 PM
where will you be launching killer? I need to know so that Roland and I will know where to go to meet up with you.

BTW: Thanks chick, I think I'll need one. ;D ;D ;D ;D

fishkiller
08-24-2005, 05:32 PM
:oI dont launch my boat I tie it up in a berth. Why do you need to meet up with me. 8)

fishrman4life
08-24-2005, 05:37 PM
I thought u said u'd get me a seat if I needed one. If so, then where will they be launching? I just need to know so i know whats going on.

FS Marketing
08-24-2005, 07:37 PM
The official Sniffer sturgeon fest is on hold until tomorrow am. Be back at you.
Deborah

donzitroller
08-24-2005, 07:57 PM
Hey Killer,
Can you post a list so I can see who I have to beat ::) ;D ;)
Looks like some ringers for sure.. but never count out the dark horses of the bunch! Sturgy fishin is a fickle thing.. remember bout the blind mouse.. LOL ;D

FISH ON!

fishrman4life
08-24-2005, 11:35 PM
pray for officiality fellas.... :-/

PLEEEEEZZZZZZZ Officialize it!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D

CHICKFISHING58
08-25-2005, 07:15 AM
The official Sniffer sturgeon fest is on hold until tomorrow am. Be back at you.
Deborah

Any word yet ???

sunracer1957
08-25-2005, 07:31 AM
Would love to get the Sniffer blessing on this thing, It would be great at the weigh in when folks are asking whats going on and they find out Who the Fish Sniffer is and see some cash and prizes handed out, now that would be great advertising ;)

Fishkiller_Jr.
08-25-2005, 07:43 AM
:(Oh well still no reply yet lets keep our fingers crossed.

Fishkiller Jr.

Fishkiller_Jr.
08-25-2005, 07:44 AM
???Wait hold on I thought it was a derby nows its a fest hmmm.

Fishkiller Jr.

smithstation
08-25-2005, 08:19 AM
Would love to get the Sniffer blessing on this thing, It would be great at the weigh in when folks are asking whats going on and they find out Who the Fish Sniffer is and see some cash and prizes handed out, now that would be great advertising ;) *

Very true, when I fished bass tourneys, even a small turkey shoot we drew a large audience. Everyone wanted to know how they can get involved. It is great advertisement and the group of guys there will serly make the audience feel welcomed. It's a win win on everyone's part. ;)

fishkiller
08-25-2005, 03:40 PM
8)Well it is a sad thing, there will be no you now who blessing, because we did not ask the owners first.I was going to call Al today per Rich Alves requst I had a very busy morning and had the call scheduled for 1pm . I recieved a call from one of the owners around 11-1130 am in the middle of a bussiness meeting with city inspectors and the pipeline company dueing the digging and standing over a manhole I got the call,I knew right off she wanted to talk so stepped away from my meeting to listen and answered the couple question.So there is no blessing and no permission to use name and they called Dockside market and said they are not involved and are not sponserers. Well ok I said dont need you to sponser and we wont use your name.And dont expect any donations eitherBut we are going to fish wether anyone likes it or not.We wont call it a derby or a ------------ fest cause someone would need a positive cash flow if we did.So there it is boys and girls were fishin but not donating and using certain words to keep peace in sactown. 8)

donzitroller
08-25-2005, 05:08 PM
Sad it may be, but it is what it is.. now let's GET TO FISHIN ALREADY!

FISH ON!

fishkiller
08-25-2005, 05:33 PM
8)Yep slaying time is coming got extra ritz and seasonings, its gonna be a fillet and release weekend . 8)

fishrman4life
08-25-2005, 06:44 PM
Even if its not sponsored, it will still be fun. I would still like to put the sniffer seal on it, but it appears that that is void as well.

newtothegame
08-25-2005, 07:04 PM
oh well ... great fishing ...great people ..cold beer and hey we are outta the house!! AMEN!! FISH ON!!

donzitroller
08-25-2005, 07:49 PM
Even if its not sponsored, it will still be fun. I would still like to put the sniffer seal on it, but it appears that that is void as well.
Maybe we could get Corona to put their seal on it? I bet they'd be interested in getting a cut of the proceeds! (Not to mention the profits they'll see from this shin-dig!)

Bassassin
08-25-2005, 07:59 PM
Let's see...good people, good beverages, good fishing...Nope, we won't miss them. :P

fishrman4life
08-25-2005, 09:55 PM
hell, why not....im gonna love this tourney regardless of sponsorship...the sniffer didnt want the proceeds so we wont give it to em...unless im missing something

Ey fishkiller, add me up to your list at the top...sending my reg. tomorrow afternoon, unless you want it on the day, I could cut you a check.

BTW: Could you maybe throw in a gift card to Cabelas as a second and third prize? Maybe a 100 dollar card for second, 50 bucks for third and 10 for fourth or some sort of trickle down like that? I figure it would be pretty easy get those and keep the prize chain open, just as our private deal. ;)

fishermen_chris
08-26-2005, 02:06 AM
Well off to the Feather with 4 people today, warming up for the big fish ;)
Well we'll just have fun with this derby and I talked to a friend at a big fishing store and told them what was going on and he said that they would donate a little something for us. $50 gift certificate, he said that they did't need approval ;D
Well see ya'll out there somewhere

chris

dimpala95
08-26-2005, 08:48 AM
Seems like a shame that just because we did not ask first that they will not give their blessing. Oh well, I guess it's their loss both in advertisement and money. You would think they'd get over it and sponsor our endeavor but so be it. We're still going out for them critters, blessing or not. See you on the water.

smithstation
08-26-2005, 09:06 AM
We can call it a turkey shoot. We would do that all the time in the bass club. That way there is no liability or responsability on anyone.

Just a group if good people getting together to see who the top dog is for the day.

sunracer1957
08-26-2005, 10:31 AM
Well not getting a GO ahead from the Sniffer is easy to understand from a liability point of view, and you guys may not agree with me on this but we should still donate some proceeds to the boards, We use them everyday, we all get alot of enjoyment from this place and it would make each and every one of us sad to see it end I will fish the event regardless of what gets done but I still think we should support what we love.. my 02 worth

Fishkiller_Jr.
08-26-2005, 10:48 AM
Im with sunracer it would be horrible to see this end and your right sunracer lots of people do use this site everyday.

Fishkiller Jr.

zerbert
08-26-2005, 11:46 AM
ya i agree with jr. and sunracer its the truth their are a lot of pepole that use this site and they all love it i don't use it all that ofen i am relly here for learnig about fishing and i have learnd a lot so it would suck if this thing ended :'(

fishkiller
08-26-2005, 02:57 PM
8)Well Im all for supporting things you love. But the fact of the matter is yes this is there site and there name, but this site would be nothing without the 4000+ people registered here who fish post daily and take other people out to enjoy the one thing we all love to do and thats FISH. And with that said they were watching this sturgeon event unfold the hole time Per Rich Alves can someone tell me why when we wanted to make it a sniffer thing pardon me for not asking to use your name. Did not someone from headquarters chime in and say hey guys you guys got a good thing going , But as for it being a sniffer event or sponsered we have guidelines for these things here let me post them and they need to be adheard toor we cannot be involved . The overwhelming majority would of welcome it . So why no response from the fish sniffer. Who knows.As for know we are fishing without there blessing thats ok cause I catch fish with out blessing been that way for 40 years and I dont see it changing in the next 40 either.So if you still need info pm bassasin for info pages.<<THEFISHKILLER>>??????????????????????????? ??????????

sunracer1957
08-26-2005, 03:14 PM
Killer I agree with your post and I'm not sure why the Sniffer dosen't sponcer more events, we will have a great time no matter what!! I just thought it would be a great jesture from the posters to show support..

Have you came up with a new name for the Derby and maybe we should make it an open derby now?? I'm sure some folks from that area would sign up!

No matter how it goes down, I'm ready now!!!

I'm working on getting 2 NEW Penn 320GTI for this and think I have them in the bag for prizes. I'll keep ya posted on that Killer, also trying to get my Co to offer up a couple of Batteries also..

Mr.Pescador
08-26-2005, 03:22 PM
I still don't know where to send the entry fee.Please post up the entry procedures.

CHICKFISHING58
08-26-2005, 06:25 PM
Killer,
Sorry to hear about all the BS :'( You would think they would be happy with 2.50 head oh well crap happens we can still have a great time I will still be going :-* ;)

johnfg
08-26-2005, 10:10 PM
Been away from the boards for a short while and lookie at what I missed. Fishkiller, I'm interested. Just don't know if the dates would work or not, yet.

Since the talk is about a "derby" and involves prizes and/or money; I'm sure there is a need for permits and insurance, etc. Good reason for FS not to get officially involved mid-game. I also think that continuing with the idea of donating a portion of the proceeds to FS forum is a good idea.

Could someone please pm me with the latest details, info, rules, etc? Reading this whole thread at one time this late on a Friday night makes my head hurt, or did it hurt already? :-X

FF_MYRL
08-26-2005, 10:27 PM
I AM NEW TO STURGEON FISHING X 1 YEAR. THIS LAST YEAR THE ONLY PLACE I FISHED WAS AROUND DECKER ISLAND/POWER LINES. IF I WAS TO ENTER THE ??DERBY?? COULD SOME ONE HELP ME OUT WITH AN AREA TO FISH. LAND MARKS, GPS LOCATION, I AM NOT ASKING FOR YOUR SECRET SPOT JUST A GENERAL IDEA OF WERE TO FISH AND LAUNCH MY BOAT.

THANK YOU FOR ANY HELP!

THIS WOULD BE THE FIRST YEAR, I EVER GAVE UP THE OPENING WEEKEND OF DEER SEASON, FOR SOMTHING ELSE!!!!! 9-24

Fishkiller_Jr.
08-27-2005, 01:40 PM
Ask an experiencied Sturgeon fisherman such as Fishkiller Sturgeon stomper sunracer or Whoever is on the list on the 1st post :D

FISHINFOOL
08-28-2005, 08:22 AM
OK, I got it coveredLOL....Got a ride w/FishermanChris...
Never able to get SS to give me any lessonsLOL J/K SS ;D
But means I'll have to pay close attention to Chris & out fish you SS ;D ;) ;D ;D ;D :P :P"RightLOL"

Just had to lay down a lil smack there LOL ;) ::) ;D
Looking forward to seeing all you guys out there
Paul
FISHINFOOL
Lonewolf@gunsbay.com

JIM_D.
08-28-2005, 09:38 AM
I was thinking about fishing the (derby) but my grandson has a soccer tourny that weekend in contra costa. If the date change I will be in, even though I have never caught a sturgeon before and really have no experence fishing for them, I have been out for them but have no idea if I was doing it right. JIM D.

FISHINFOOL
08-28-2005, 10:17 AM
I wouldn't worry there Jim D,after 3 or 4 yrs I'm still a Sturguon virgin. But I keep tryingLOL ;)
Maybe this shindig well be what breaks my bad streakLOL
Anyway, we can't let SS & tank & 916 & all them have all the fun to them selvesLOL
Paul
FISHINFOOL
Lonewolf@gunsbay.com

JIM_D.
08-28-2005, 06:29 PM
FISHINFOOL, you say you have been tring for 3 to 4 years, try 55 years, that's how long I have been fishing anyway, I was 4 when I got hooked. JIM D.

fishkiller
08-29-2005, 02:17 PM
8)Does everyone have all the info, if not go to my profile send me an IM or PM and I will send it to you..Alot have asked to open this event.The anwser is no, But alot like the Idea of immediate family memmbers. grandfathers and grandmothers, uncles, aunts, nieces, nephews,wifes, husbands, sons daughters.what do you guys think. 8)

sunracer1957
08-29-2005, 02:30 PM
Killer I'm in for family members ;)

PlugROCKSTAR
08-29-2005, 03:15 PM
As far as the Sniffer sponsoring this event you should talk to Allan Bonslett aka "Big Chief" his way cool and i can almost guarantee that he will say YES. *We fished with Allan and one of his Senior Editor Cal Kellogg at a Float Party we put together.

Allan's contact info.

allenbonslett@fishsniffer.com

By the way.. I'm Fishing this event. I'll be on "The Cantina" aboard with Mr-T and Flo. ;D ;D ;D ;D Can we go, can we go , can we go. please please. whats taking soo long. ;D

FISHINFOOL
08-29-2005, 05:01 PM
Hey Jim_D,I only meant I been fishing for Sturgoun 3 or 4 yrs,I'v fished for alot of other fish,cat,trout,striper ect sinc I was big enough to hold a pole & I'm gonna be 50 two days after this here shindigLOL ;D
OHHH no I'm gonna be a 1/2 century HHHHEEEELLLPPP ;D & they said 30 was over the hill :( ;) ;D ;D :P :P :P
Paul
FISHINFOOL
Lonewolf@gunsbay.com

donzitroller
08-29-2005, 05:40 PM
I'm good with immediate family getting in.. long as it's not your dad's brother-in-law's 3rd-cousin's step-uncle ringer of a sturgy fisherman! LOL.. :o

fishrman4life
08-29-2005, 06:12 PM
keep it with wife, kids, husband (Chick), or cousins, but beyond that is a little out there. ;D

ywk42
08-29-2005, 06:36 PM
I agree with the wife, :) kids, stepchildren, parents, brother or sister in law, That should include most every ones immediate family only my .02....Anyway I will either fish :) or help with the party.... 8) G W

fishrman4life
08-29-2005, 06:44 PM
so how will the weigh in work? biggest fish for the group? largest per person? lets hash all this out before saying anyone who wants to in the family can come along. I think it would work better if 5 bucks per extra person were paid by the person registered so that everything has a paper trail and a price is paid to the tourney.

FF_MYRL
08-29-2005, 06:52 PM
my father has been my fishing partner for 31 years (all my life), however, my father has never used the internet. this means he would not be able to fish in this ??derby?? with me, unless family members were allowed.

i think it would be a great idea to let family members fish the derby.

DinoBlaster
08-29-2005, 08:11 PM
Same with me..My dad is my fishing partner..I fish all the Derbies with him, would'nt be the same without him. MY .02
DB

FISHINFOOL
08-30-2005, 05:38 AM
I'm good w/imediate faimily,say out to 1st cuzons & such.
my .02 cents for what it's worthLOL
Paul
FISHINFOOL
Lonewolf@gunsbay.com

JIM_D.
08-30-2005, 06:46 AM
The only thing I can say is wish I could be there and I wouldn't care who it was with. JIM D.

SturgeonVirgin
08-30-2005, 07:35 AM
As far as the Sniffer sponsoring this event you should talk to Allan Bonslett aka "Big Chief" his way cool and i can almost guarantee that he will say YES. *We fished with Allan and one of his Senior Editor Cal Kellogg at a Float Party we put together.

Allan's contact info.

allenbonslett@fishsniffer.com

By the way.. I'm Fishing this event. I'll be on "The Cantina" aboard with Mr-T and Flo. ;D ;D ;D ;D Can we go, can we go , can we go. please please. whats taking soo long. ;D

Carlo, its gonna be a self sponsored event, due to legal issues; we're good on doing it this way, and it'll be fine. We have to keep the fishniffer name out of this so no ambulance chasers down the road come after anyone. Its all about the liability game, and I can see why.

As far as family, yeah its cool with me as long as it doesn't get out of hand. immediate family, sure.

smithstation
08-30-2005, 08:17 AM
Wife would give me her blessing to fish it if she could come along. ;)

SturgeonVirgin
08-30-2005, 08:30 AM
Wife would give me her blessing to fish it if she could come along. * ;)

Sounds like an Ayefirmative to me! ;)

smithstation
08-30-2005, 08:42 AM
Sounds like an Ayefirmative to me! ;)

Mama said we are in, only thing is I have to rope in the morning but we will be there in the evening and fish through the night. I cant wait!

fishrman4life
08-30-2005, 09:44 AM
So will an extra fee be paid and how will the weigh in work? I still dont know....big fish for group or per person? I figure the registered member should have the decision which fish gets weighed in his group. Should extra money be paid with family members?

sunracer1957
08-30-2005, 09:51 AM
I think it should be up to the folks on the boat if they are fishing as a team or by themselfs, and if I understand the previouse post big fish by pounds wins, please clarify the ground rules for us killer.

smithstation
08-30-2005, 11:14 AM
So will an extra fee be paid and how will the weigh in work? I still dont know....big fish for group or per person? I figure the registered member should have the decision which fish gets weighed in his group. Should extra money be paid with family members?

I would say that each person with a valid CA fishing license must pay an entry fee. That way if a hitchhiker wins it's their money and hopefully they will make it right with the boat owner. 5 people on a boat=5 entrys. *20x5=$100 for that crew. Each person who pays an entry fee will be able to weigh in a fish. 5 feople in a boat they can weigh in 5 fish. Each person should have a equal chance. I would also say that kids under 16 (no lics. required) fish for half price? What ya think?

fishguts
08-30-2005, 12:48 PM
It should be individual, not a group/team and everyone pays the same with no age brackets and I have two juniors on my boat, lets keep it simple. Individual weighs in their fish they caught, not a group fish and if as a group the people want to split the pot then thats their business.
Killer, you make the rules and I will follow them.

smithstation
08-30-2005, 12:55 PM
It should be individual, not a group/team and everyone pays the same with no age brackets and I have two juniors on my boat, lets keep it simple. Individual weighs in their fish they caught, not a group fish and if as a group the people want to split the pot then thats their business.
Killer, you make the rules and I will follow them.

I think you are right fishguts, keep it simple. Everyone should pay the same. It was just a spur of the moment idea. I agree that each paying person should be able to weigh in a fish. No team or group entries. One entry per person, and one fish per entry.

FF_MYRL
08-30-2005, 01:59 PM
I AGREE WITH NO AGE BRACKETS. MY FATHER AND I USE TO FISH TEAM BLACK BASS TOURNAMENTS AND I WAS UNDER 16 YEARS OLD, WHEN I STARTED. WE ALAYS PAID FULL PRICE ENTRIES, AND WHEN WE PLACED, WE WOULD WIN FULL PRICE MONEYS. JUST MY OPINION. THE FISH DO NOT CARE HOW OLD YOU ARE, JUST IF YOUR BAIT IS AT THE RIGHT PLACE AND THE RIGHT TIME.

fishrman4life
08-30-2005, 02:14 PM
i agree that each person should pay an entry fee and be able to weigh their fish, the split in the pot I also agree with. I would be willing to split my pot with the boat owner 20 percent, 10 percent to the sniffer, 70 percent to the catcher

Diamondback70
08-30-2005, 05:38 PM
I'm out...looks this refi will probably go circles, no way the boat is gonna be fixed by tourney time :'( :'( :'(

Killer, Can you get a seat for Fisherman4life? I offered to take him, but it looks grim.

PlugROCKSTAR
08-30-2005, 06:12 PM
I'm out...looks this refi will probably go circles, no way the boat is gonna be fixed by tourney time :'( :'( :'(

Killer, Can you get a seat for Fisherman4life? *I offered to take him, but it looks grim.

Dback' PM sunracer and see if he could get you an open seat. I wan't you there man ;)

fishkiller
08-30-2005, 06:48 PM
8)Jeez guys some of you have way to much time on your hands. I posted about immediate family members and it is open to them not 1 cousins 1aunts and so forth. there will be no teams this is an individual event each entery fee is the same for all.Fisherman4life breath bud go fishing take a break, now lets all breath in and release good registration due by 21.septYou cannot register the day of the event. Anyone wanting to register after the 21st will pay 30.00late registration stops at 9pm the 23 that meansyou must drive to pittsburgand pay, 9.01 Im drinking coronas on the boat and registation has ended. 8)

newtothegame
08-30-2005, 07:31 PM
lol ... 9:01 corona time .. i like it .... lol .... do you take visa/mc/amex??? lol .. j/k .... i am in....cant wait to meet the other sniffers!

fishrman4life
08-30-2005, 08:48 PM

Killer, Can you get a seat for Fisherman4life? *I offered to take him, but it looks grim.

PLEEEEEZ ;D ;D ;D How can you resist this face? ::) :)

BTW Its alright dback, im sure killer will figure somethin out for the both of us. ;D ;D

STURGEONSTOMPER
08-30-2005, 09:14 PM
See in as we have only a few boats :-[

I say we do teams and we must register our teams per head ;D Ahead of time,I HATE CHEATERS >:(

Killer, lets do teams. And we do 2 or 3 or 12 teams as long as we have a coach each team ;) I know I know.....Biggest fish wins no matter what but I (Just me) think it might even the presure :D

Just an idea 8)

PlugROCKSTAR
08-30-2005, 09:28 PM
oh oh oh oh pick me, pick me ;D ;D SS git that BBQ'r ready cuss' we haven't fired it up since March ;) ooh and make sure it's clean too please >:(

2QUARTSLOW
08-30-2005, 09:29 PM
Ok, what to say, hmmmmmmmmmm.............

Looks to be alot of over zealous people here, ;).

So some thing 5 people on a boat will catch 5 keepers, hmmmmmmm. SS need your help here.

Also the team people on boat issue. Let me see, been in a few sturgy tourney/derby things, and my dad would never let me weigh in his fish its his. Always paid for two entries or three if we had three on the boat, nobody is taking credit for my fish, money or not.

Ive been quite on the boards as of late, so had to say a little some some.

2Q

STURGEONSTOMPER
08-30-2005, 09:56 PM
oh oh oh oh pick me, pick me ;D ;D SS git that BBQ'r ready cuss' we haven't fired it up since March ;) ooh and make sure it's clean too please >:(Im sparkilin

Your boat runnin :-/ ?

Do I have 3 boats on my team?

STURGEONSTOMPER
08-30-2005, 10:02 PM
I can fish 2-3 depending on whos buying :P

All I can say is" TOP THIS"

http://www.myfishingpictures.com/img/029416.jpg

STURGEONSTOMPER
08-30-2005, 10:03 PM
Oh yea......

Notice ...NO BLOOD :P Or mud :-*

2QUARTSLOW
08-30-2005, 10:04 PM
ha, that fish is skinny as a rail, it may be almost 6 feet but only weighs maybe, 60 pounds, a whos that guy holding the fish, he is kind of skinny too, hahahahaa h ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Click :P

STURGEONSTOMPER
08-30-2005, 10:10 PM
Hahahahahah....Keep it up Ray ;D

Click, Beetch ;) Click

:P

This is gonna be fun.

Killer, can I get a slip and how much? :-/

2QUARTSLOW
08-30-2005, 10:13 PM
:P See, SS thats what I like about cha,

you can take a joke and just keep going.

:P

fishrman4life
08-30-2005, 10:56 PM
he took mine pretty well, ;D

Then again, Im a noobie

fishkiller
08-31-2005, 05:14 AM
8)No teams ,indivdual event.all pay the same.1 fish weighed per entry.Biggest by length and in case of a tie it will go by weight.Gary call me about the slip. 8)

smithstation
08-31-2005, 08:44 AM
No teams ,indivdual event.all pay the same.1 fish weighed per entry.Biggest by length and in case of a tie it will go by weight.Gary call me about the slip. 8)[/quote

Sounds good to me!! Thanks ;D

CHICKFISHING58
08-31-2005, 08:45 AM
Hey Killer,
Thanks for saving a spot on the boat thatís going to win for me ::) ;D ;)

fishermen_chris
08-31-2005, 12:01 PM
Wishful thinking Chickie poo. ;D
The winning fish has to come from my boat I have to take the photo(as usuel) :P

PlugROCKSTAR
08-31-2005, 04:39 PM
Im sparkilin

Your boat runnin :-/ ?

Do I have 3 boats on my team?

I'll be on the "Floting Cantina" with Fo-T ;D get it? Flo---T ;D

newtothegame
08-31-2005, 07:27 PM
Nice fish! woooooo it looks like we are going to have a great fest comin up!! if nothin else i can sense a bit of chatter on the radio that day lol .....

donzitroller
08-31-2005, 08:58 PM
Here's to the dark horse slippin in to the weigh in at the last second with the winning fish.. and pour me another shot of tequila por favor! ;D

PlugROCKSTAR
08-31-2005, 09:08 PM
SS, you should be thankful that i'm not fishing with you ;D Remember the SlugFest in HOOD ;D :o body blows while someone had a fish on.

remember this :o ??? LMFAO :o
http://news.bbc.co.uk/olmedia/1925000/images/_1926290_muggingvictim300.jpg

fishkiller
09-01-2005, 01:06 AM
8)times tiking away guys get yer entries in, dont be left out.Who still needs a ride.post up or IM me let me know I still got seats. 8)

STURGEONSTOMPER
09-01-2005, 11:50 AM
Dont forget these

http://www.magicmakers.com/retail/clown%20stuff/shoesblueyellow.jpg

fishdude76
09-01-2005, 01:51 PM
did someone say they had a spot on a boat? When and where is the fest?

SturgeonVirgin
09-01-2005, 07:01 PM
Whats the deal on the entry forms? Sent a message to bassassin a few days ago, no repsonse. Anyone else got a copy of it?

fishrman4life
09-01-2005, 07:42 PM
I do, PM me with ur email address and name, I'll mail it to ya.

fisherman chris, im fishing with you right?

Bassassin
09-01-2005, 09:06 PM
Whats the deal on the entry forms? Sent a message to bassassin a few days ago, no repsonse. Anyone else got a copy of it?

You don't mean the PM you sent me YESTERDAY MORNING do you? ;D Sorry I was hunting today, and real busy yesterday. I just sent a copy to you T. Sorry for the delay.

krzyfshrmn
09-01-2005, 10:00 PM
Shoot me over a copy to please Jason........Thanks

fishkiller
09-02-2005, 02:50 AM
8)Since we cant post the reg form those that have it help out by sending it to someone thanks. 8)

SturgeonVirgin
09-02-2005, 06:11 AM
You don't mean the PM you sent me YESTERDAY MORNING do you? ;D Sorry I was hunting today, and real busy yesterday. I just sent a copy to you T. Sorry for the delay.

Yeah thats the one; Mr. Impatient here.

Thanks!

fishermen_chris
09-02-2005, 01:28 PM
yup you are fishing with me and and fishingfool.
We need to set up what times we want to fish/ PM me later

chris

highasakite
09-02-2005, 07:14 PM
Please send me the registration form.

Mr Pecador and I will win, I mean are in :)