PDA

View Full Version : Sunburn sturgeon

STURGEONSTOMPER
08-08-2005, 07:37 AM
Well my girls came home early from camping so I got a pass to go fishing. So me and anouther buddy took off for Monty. Ended up in the middle grounds around 0 dark 30. Dropped anchore and an hour later.FISH ON...Tony freaks as it jumps out of the water. He nets my fish like he always has too ;D

High 5s and taped out fish at 52 ;D

Fished all freaking night for nadda. Lots of BIG fish jumping though ;)

Sunrise we headed back to monty as the winds were pretty bad and I was tierd of them. Dropped in at the west end and baited up the usual. Hour later...FISH ON...This time Tonys mad as hell ;D He saves fish ::) This 1 came in at 42 and was released. All and all a great time and 1 hell of a way to take a break ;D

Pics to follow 8)

STURGEONSTOMPER
08-08-2005, 07:46 AM
Oh and Pile worms were the bait of choice ;)

also seen what looked to be about a 7 foot greenie come clear outta the water ;D That will keep yea fishing for awhile ::)

sunracer1957
08-08-2005, 08:32 AM
Way to go SS, save some Sturgeon Steaks for me

STURGEONSTOMPER
08-08-2005, 08:38 AM
Way to go SS, save some Sturgeon Steaks for me

Sun, by the time I got home I was so sunburnt and tired I took a pic and gave the whole fish to Phlip Jimmy :-/

2QUARTSLOW
08-08-2005, 10:26 AM
SS funny thing. Dad called me sunday and asked when we are going on a MBF trip. Now that I have one report looks like one will be comming soon.

Just have to watch for that wind thing.

So a trip will soon be comming.

Good job as usually stomper, click

Bassassin
08-08-2005, 10:48 AM
Nice job SS! Glad to hear you got out and got bit. 8)

STURGEONSTOMPER
08-08-2005, 11:59 AM
Thanks guys, it was hella windy out there. When I left the house it was 104 and when we got to beldons it was nice but as soon as the sun went down ...Whamm..I was cold. I didnt bring my windows nor did I bring a jacket. I did bring a sleeping bag but that wasnt enough. I ended staying up all night freezing and as soon as the sun hit the water it was hot all over again ::) I should have known better but I was so excited to be doing an all nighter I forgot what I was realy doing ::) :P

innovate
08-08-2005, 12:49 PM
Hey Stomper,

I think I know which Jimmy you're talking about.

Anyways, nice work on the sturgies. These hot summer days have got me wanting cold evenings and sturgeon fishing. Cant wait for Thanksgiving to roll around. Turkey and the start of the Sturgeon run.

Roland

STURGEONSTOMPER
08-08-2005, 12:52 PM
Hey Stomper,

I think I know which Jimmy you're talking about.

Anyways, nice work on the sturgies. These hot summer days have got me wanting cold evenings and sturgeon fishing. Cant wait for Thanksgiving to roll around. Turkey and the start of the Sturgeon run.

Roland

Roland, Jimmy D. Do you know him?

STURGEONSTOMPER
08-08-2005, 12:55 PM
Did he bring a sturg over to your house last night ;D

PlugROCKSTAR
08-08-2005, 04:12 PM
thanks for the invite :'( :'( ooh wait what am i talking bout' you don't even call me anymore. :-[ :'(

STURGEONSTOMPER
08-08-2005, 04:15 PM
thanks for the invite :'( :'( ooh wait what am i talking bout' you don't even call me anymore. :-[ :'(

Thats cause your busy campin with girls all the time ::)

GOOOOOOOOOOO AWAY >:(

PlugROCKSTAR
08-08-2005, 05:20 PM
Thats cause your busy campin with girls all the time ::)

GOOOOOOOOOOO AWAY >:(

see how you treat me now. krzy now refers to me as a wus, stomper won't invite me to fish, sunreacer won't invite me to his house cause' i eat too much, Mr-T i don't know bout' that guy ;D

STURGEONSTOMPER
08-08-2005, 05:21 PM
see how you treat me now. krzy now refers to me as a wus, stomper won't invite me to fish, sunreacer won't invite me to his house cause' i eat too much, Mr-T i don't know bout' that guy ;D

Hmmm......Maybe its you ::) ;D

2QUARTSLOW
08-08-2005, 05:27 PM
916, i'll keep a record of those who are not how should I say it, not saying positive things about you. ;D ;D ;D

Dont worry about them I still enjoy your company, however you havent invited me fishing either, :(.

Also dont worry they still like you ......... I think. ;)

PlugROCKSTAR
08-08-2005, 05:31 PM
916, i'll keep a record of those who are not how should I say it, not saying positive things about you. * ;D ;D ;D

Dont worry about them I still enjoy your company, however you havent invited me fishing either, :(. *

Also dont worry they still like you ......... I think. *;)

hey 2Q wanna hit the surf for some stripes this weekend? there i invi :Pted you

sunracer1957
08-08-2005, 05:39 PM
How come I'm not invited, just cause you eat to much dosen't mean I don't want to fish with you, I just don't want to feed you :-*

fishkiller
08-08-2005, 05:53 PM
8)Gee SS after them messages you left I felt bad not,I was at the GG challenge , You were where I would of sent you anyways like the post go west young man. So howed you like the sturgeon show of jumpers at middlegrounds and yep I have seen some big green breakin water close.was it dead calm on the income when you hooked up or out go.There seems to be a 4hour window there they bite then nothing. ;D 8)

STURGEONSTOMPER
08-08-2005, 06:10 PM
8)Gee SS after them messages you left I felt bad not,I was at the GG challenge , You were where I would of sent you anyways like the post go west young man. So howed you like the sturgeon show of jumpers at middlegrounds and yep I have seen some big green breakin water close.was it dead calm on the income when you hooked up or out go.There seems to be a 4hour window there they bite then nothing. ;D 8)
You got that right, freakin stripers...I hate stripers >:(
And no it wasnt dead calm all night..blowing like always :-/

It was on dead hi tide when I hooked up, then 2-3 hours later they were jumpin like crazy. 1 almost bumped the boat. I did learn somthing thou ;) No matter what time of year bring your gear ::)

fishkiller
08-09-2005, 04:35 AM
8)you got cold cause you were sunburnt the low that night was 67 nice 101 was high, yep always have the gear, glad ya got onesame size I been getting most trips with couple bigger ones. 8)

STURGEONSTOMPER
08-09-2005, 07:37 AM
Heres the lil guy ;D

http://www.myfishingpictures.com/img/069905.jpg

krzyfshrmn
08-09-2005, 08:10 AM
YOU DOG.....Sneaking off and not even letting anyone know where you were going. You da man.....

STURGEONSTOMPER
08-09-2005, 08:02 PM
Sneaky huh ;D I even made the front page of http://www.fishstalker.net/index.html 8) 8) 8)

krzyfshrmn
08-09-2005, 08:12 PM
COOL......My little buddy's almost a celebrity ;D

Way to many pictures of Mickey on the site ::)

Trout_Terminator
08-10-2005, 09:55 PM
also seen what looked to be about a 7 foot greenie come clear outta the water ;D That will keep yea fishing for awhile ::)
whats a "greenie"?

JIM_D.
08-11-2005, 02:14 AM
I would assume he means a green sturgeon. JIM D.

STURGEONSTOMPER
08-11-2005, 07:33 AM
That would be right ;)

Trout_Terminator
08-11-2005, 10:12 AM
aah, OK, sry didint know. a