PDA

View Full Version : FF transducer HELP!!!

BassFooler
07-25-2005, 11:17 AM
Okay ya'll- here my newest issue.
Tracker originally mounted the transducer in direct path of the bottom bunker of the trailer. So the original owner had a new transducer mount moved downward toward the V of the hull...very close to the boutboard. So, now I am in interference hell with my FF. I cant move it to the right because it will hit the skid on the trailer, but its worthless to keep it where its at. When travellin at over 5 mph, it gives me total garbage, but when trolling, it keeps showing 1ft every few seconds...even in 20+ ft!
So, Im assuming its my transducer location and not the ff unit itself??
heres a pic of what I'm talking about:
http://bitemecustomlures.com/images/rearend.jpg
Any suggestions?

metalmouth
07-25-2005, 11:23 AM
They make a bracket that mounts on the back of the boat that sticks out far enough for the transducer to be moved back and forth and still be above the skid on the trailer, yet far enough in back of the boat to not see the bottom of the hull.

SuperDave
07-25-2005, 11:27 AM
Why not just move it out to the side, past the bunk, near the transom strap?

SuperDave
07-25-2005, 11:30 AM
After 2nd look at the picture, your bow stop might be adjustable. It should be slid back so that the bunks don't extend past the back edge of the boat.

BassFooler
07-25-2005, 11:35 AM
The bow stop IS adjustable- but not an option. I pull the boat with an Expy and there is currently about 1/2 inch clearance between the trolling motor prop and the hatch when it is openend up. Otherwise, that would be a perfect fix Hinrid...
I guess I could move the mount- I hate having to have more holes put in the transom- but kinda looks like that the only option? Huh?

Zucca
07-25-2005, 11:55 AM
Your bunk should not extend more than 1-1.5 inches beyond the transom or the boat is not carried correctly. Do as Hinrid says; adjust the bow stop so the bunk extends about 1 inch beyond the transom. Buy a hitch extender at Pep Boys or such place to move your ball back about 12-15 inches. That will give you plenty of clearance. Then move the transducer to its original place. However, that may not be your problem. You may have electricaal interference and/or bad connections which can cause similar symptoms. Check all connections while you are at it and be sure they are clean and tight.

BassFooler
07-25-2005, 12:14 PM
OOH....never thought about a hitch extender...good thinkin LoneAnglers!!!
Okay guys- It appears that will be my plan of attack- thanks again all for your help!

BF

sashimi_express
07-25-2005, 05:25 PM
;D If you move the bow stop or the winch tower you would be moving it toward the rear of the trailer not the front so clearance should not be a factor. Then you can mount the Transducer right in line with the bunk. On all of the Trackers that I have owned the transducer mounted just to the left of the bunk and I have never had any interference problems. I would check my wiring like mentioned above. ;D

BassFooler
07-26-2005, 08:15 AM
I guess it would be moving backwards...DUH!! :-/
Sashimi, You just saved me about $40 for the hitch extender... much thanks. So I guess I will have to pull out the wrench the next time I have the boat in the water and move the bowstop BACKwards ;D
THanks again guys for your help