PDA

View Full Version : Fish Finder / Transducer adjustment

dirtydan
07-18-2005, 11:05 AM
I need to adjust my transducer slightly - I am getting some incomplete arches - and rather than trial and error - I thought I'd ask what may be a simple question:

My arches tend to look like this:

_ _ _
/ \
/
/
/

A pretty rough sketch - but you get the idea.

When I adjust - do I need to adjust the rear (farthest from bracket) up or down? I suspect it is down - but thought Id toss it out there.

Thanks.

-DD

dirtydan
07-18-2005, 02:21 PM
Wow - just read the instructions and you can answer your own questions . . .

"If the unit is working properly, gradually increase the boat speed to test high-speed performance. If the unit functions well at low speeds but begins to skip or miss the bottom at higher speeds, the transducer requires adjustment. Angling the rear of the transducer downward and/or lowering the transducer farther into the water will help achieve depth readings at high speeds. If the left side of the fish arch is longer than the right side, then the back of the transducer is angled too far downward. If the right side of the fish arch is longer than the left side, then the back of the transducer is angled too far upwards."

Left side of arch is longer than right - so - move the aft end of the transducer up a notch. ;) Got it.

Erreck
07-18-2005, 02:49 PM
And the lord said, "Let there be light"...

;) ;D ;D

Silver_Streak
07-18-2005, 04:48 PM
Wow, great answers. Some like the transducer angled up on the trailing edge to see their downrigger balls and lures, but a drawback is sometimes an incomplete fish arch. So I guess what I'm trying to say is that a goofy arch isn't always a bad thing. ;D

Irish
07-18-2005, 07:10 PM
If your fish look like that maybe you should move to another lake. ;D
Just kidding Dan, you have it figured out.

TS5655
07-18-2005, 07:30 PM
They come with instructions?

;D ;D

TS

dirtydan
07-18-2005, 08:38 PM
you guys are killing me . . . :P