PDA

View Full Version : Late, Late Report Bodega 8/4/07

fishenrick
08-06-2007, 09:10 AM
Sorry for the late report, trolled from 7am to 5pm in some confussed seas, some swells were huge and some not but the ones that were you could hear coming :'( dropped in at the whistle bouy and got my first and last hook up a questionable keeper that went back in the drink, trolled down and past bird and back and back and around,kept hearing 30 and 40 lb fish were being caught, I heard atleast 6 40 lbers were caught, with kind of talk on the radio my blood was pumping with anticpation of my rod poping off the downrigger, was not to be, but you can imagine what was going through my mind hearing about all these big fish being caught around me, granite 5,6,7,8 fish with all these boats around is not alot of fish but you don't hear this many big fish being caught in a day in a general area so needless to say I was pumped up and ready for battle, after ten hours of fighting mother nature I had to get my boy on some rock fish, we cauht 6 mixed rockies out by the whistle and called it day, oh and by the way I never saw a net fly and the dumbster was empty, so I could not really tell you if they were caught or not but it was fun waiting for one to hit

Captain_Morgan
08-06-2007, 05:55 PM
You know its a bad day when your checking the dumpster for Salmon. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;)

Fort_Bragger
08-06-2007, 06:02 PM
Persistence Rick. *It will pay off just like it did for you last season. *Hang in there bud, your day is coming.......

Fishmeister
08-07-2007, 09:13 PM
I was out there Thurs, Fri and Sat and I can tell you a lot more radio fish were caught than those with fins. We hooked into a dozen or so and brought 5 keepers to the boat. Saw a lot of talk and no nets including a boat right next to us. Dumpsters by the cleaning stations were pretty darned empty and the camp host and wardens were surprised we did so well. There were a couple of big ones caught but without pictures I am now a very sceptical person after listening to all the bs, I mean radio chatter. There were a hundred or so boats in the fleet by bird rock chattering up a storm but the actual take from that area was less than a dozen for Friday. Fished it for two hours in the afternoon and did not see one net fly.. Wasn't even the best area. That was north around 18 8 and 20 8 except for Bonnie O on the Calipso on Thursday who was kickin A at 14 7 on bare bait. Certainly can not believe everything you hear out there. Got a kick out of a guy who gave some abstract coordinates to another boat and then wouldn' respond when the guy got there and he was alone on the ocean. Overall they are a good, honest, helpful group but there are some real evil people out there also.

fishenrick
08-07-2007, 10:53 PM
Thats messed up,giving out false numbers, I think people get bored when the fishing is slow and start messing with each other, if it is the same Bonnie but on the Calico, she said she a good day on thursday and i think a fair day on Friday,great lady
Congradulations on your catches

Mickey_Thomas
08-08-2007, 05:24 AM
I see they are still hooking them at 18 and 8, that's my favorite place so far this year ;) giving out false numbers, and reporting fathom fish? At least we know it's not sniffers :)

donzitroller
08-08-2007, 03:24 PM
Rick, everything seems to be confused this year.. least you were out there fishin! See ya this weekend!

FB, great to meet you last week! Hope the shirt mix up didn't cause too much of a problem at home.. lemme know if it does and I'll make it right!

Fort_Bragger
08-08-2007, 06:21 PM
That goes both ways Donzi. *The shirts were great. *I owe you and Aint Scared a couple of long necks. *Now go out and net a few this weekend.

rlammi
08-09-2007, 05:59 AM
Rick good to hear you got out to bad mother nature and the fish weren't on your side as well ,but at least you got out good luck next time thanks for the report .
Ron

metalmouth
08-10-2007, 06:50 AM
Thanks for the report Rick! I'm dying to get back out there with you guys. :'(

MM

gone fishin
08-16-2007, 09:30 PM
Well....this is the time of year that elephant and the upper ten mile beach should start pickng up. The big fish are looking for the bay, they should be in close. Last year we got a 35 and 45 lber about now.

Sunday is looking good right now weather wise. hope to see some of you guys out there...

Good luck...Ron.