PDA

View Full Version : Bodega 7-27

SuperDave
07-28-2007, 06:49 PM
Went out Friday and was on the water by 6:30 a.m. We thought about heading north but when we peaked around the head, the water conditions were not so favorable. we headed down past Tamales to Elephant Rock and put in at about 60' of water. We had 3 rods out, 2 with bait and 1 WM Apex. I had a 30 lbs. plus on for a few minutes but my captain thought it best to shut the motor down and it all went downhill from there. :'( About 20 minutes later, I had another fish on that ended up making it to the boat but was only about 20" long and went back. We fished for a total of about 7 hours and nothing else to report. The commercial guys were reporting good catches up north between 15 & 25. Don't ask me what that means but that's what they kept saying. :D

freon
07-29-2007, 07:17 AM
Dave, good to see you at least hooked up and got to fight some fish :D

Mickey_Thomas
07-29-2007, 07:31 AM
Well now that you've been "bucked off" we'll have to get you back on that horse before you forget what it felt like :D Sorry about losing that hog Dave, none of us have ever lost one like that ;) ;D ;D ;D

knof
07-29-2007, 08:17 PM
Sorry about losing that hog Dave, none of us have ever lost one like that ;) ;D ;D ;D

I hate that!!! I learned my first trip, not to shut off the engine when we lost two 20 lbers that day :-? >:(

chicofishrmen
07-29-2007, 08:40 PM
Dave, sorry to hear that! Sounds like a single day version of my trip to the Bodega fest, except you got to fight a big fish for awhile!! 15 x25 means, they are way out there, almost halfway to Hawaii! Are you sure they weren't talking about Tuna? http://www.fishsniffer.com/forumsyabb2006/Templates/Forum/default/grin.gif But then my Lund isn't the perfect ocean vessel, heading to 19x10 in the slop was pretty rough & slow going!