PDA

View Full Version : Fort bragg report

CaptBrandon
02-18-2006, 05:42 PM
Just got off the phone with telestar charters they got two fish today, she said the otherboats that went out today averaged 1-2 fish per boat. I'll wait a little longer before i drag the boat up there. ;)

Fort_Bragger
02-18-2006, 07:23 PM
Just a quick report from the Fort because I'm on dial-up and the laptop. Generally it was a slow opener, but personally it was hot. We started straight out of Noyo in 425 feet of water. Nothing until noon when we located huge bait balls in 309 feet of water between Pudding Creek and Cleone. We were trolling 2 pound lead at 100 pulls with purple haze hoochies and watermellon hot spots. It was one of those days when getting fish on was easy, but putting fish in the box was tough. Landed one shaker silver and had one king about 15 pounds at the net. In all we had six on in about two hours. It started to rain and hail and the water got choppie before we called it a day. We may go out tomorrow. I will post another update if we locate the school again. All in all it was a great day. :D

CaptBrandon
02-18-2006, 07:27 PM
See that goes to show ya wheather the fishing is hot or not, it just depends on who you ask.

Mickey_Thomas
02-18-2006, 09:10 PM
It was one of those days when getting fish on was easy, but putting fish in the box was tough
We've all had those days ??? but at least you were out there, and had some hook ups :D can't wait to hear about tomorrow. ;)

Fort_Bragger
02-20-2006, 12:26 PM
I didn't make it out on Sunday. *My sister wasn't there to fish with me, and my wife had to fly out from SFO to Detroit for work Sunday night. *I got one of those "can't we spend the day in Mendocino" remarks at dinner Saturday night. *I'd sooner have my colon inspected with a glass bottom garbage can that visit that yuppie onclave again. What can a married guy do? *The ocean conditions Sunday morning were spectacular, and I really wanted to know if I could locate that school of Salmon with all the sore mouths from Saturday again. *Nobody answered my invitation for a cocktail hour and BS secession. *I'm not sure if everyone thought I was gay, or that I wasn't. *Anyway, it would have been nice to work as a team to locate the right combination. *Noon Saturday, when the chop was getting up is a little late to fill the box, but that's when I found them working with my neighbor, Vern in my sister's seat. Most boats left early. *I'm Irish, and I don't like to fish with the fleet unless that's the only place to catch fish. *There's a small contengent of old farts that stay upriver of Noyo in the Trailer Park that sure seam to be more than lucky most days. They tend to stick together too. *This is only my second full season with my boat and I'm still behind the curve compared to those old salts with crappie equipment and full ice chests on more than a lot of days. *Kurt on the Rumblefish will share info with me, but generally the news of "where the fish are" is not shared even as well as it was two seasons ago on the radio. The party boats are mostly using cell phones to communicate. There's also a lot of planted "bad" tips that doesn't help the fishing at all either.
* *I'll be back up at the Fort on the next weekend with good conditions. *I've got a few more tips to share, but I've rambled enough. *Email me if your interested in some teamwork fishing next trip. I sure had a nice weekend. *One of many I hope for this season.

Mickey_Thomas
02-20-2006, 06:49 PM
Heck even SF Bay, and Bodaga share where the fish are biteing ::) When I head up that way I'll let you know Fort bragger, seems they need a "sniffer" lesson ;D ;D Share the wealth and ye will be rewarded ;) ;D Let me know how the next trip goes, always looking for new friendly places to fish 8)

misfits
02-20-2006, 07:12 PM
The group of NO INFO!!! fisherman stay at dolphin isle and are very tight lipped.They use cb radio to talk and change channels regularly.Don't get me wrong they are great people just don't like shareing info :-X.Bragger will start fishing bragg about april,would be more than happy to hook up with you and share info ;D.I'll watch the boards and see how the reports are doing may come up sooner,good luck to all and be safe.

Gary

gone fishin
02-23-2006, 06:53 PM
Hey guys,

You know what bothers me the most is that Salmon school up, and are here one day and gone the next. It makes no since to be tight lipped on where they are.
I have the best days when fishijng in groups. The Salmon bite better when there are more flashers and bait in an area. They think itís a feeding frenzy on bait balls.

Think about it...

If there are more flashers turning in the water the other Salmon think that other Salmon are feeding and go to that spot to eat. It make since to fish in groups.

The flasher in the water looks just like a Salmon feeding and then all the bait in the water is including odors. I will fish and have had the best days of fishing in groups than fishing alone...

Just my opinion.... ;D ;D

Good luck...Ron

brian_m
02-23-2006, 07:57 PM
its ok Ron...there is people out there like that, my secrects are always open with you and however needs them.