PDA

View Full Version : Chinook Salmon in Marin?

randyfishing
12-29-2005, 11:22 AM
I saw an article on the news the other night about a "chinook" run on a rural creek in Marin County. Did not get the name of the creek and am always glad to see reclaimation projects. However, was wondering if the news channel messed up. Isn't it a little late for chinook? Could they have been filming steelhead? Did anyone see the same article or know the creek?

Thanks in advance

Fishbutt21
12-30-2005, 09:34 AM
The marin IJ had a report on the Coho salmon and Steelhead run in marin,with a list of viewing places.But no mention of Chinook salmon

hetchy
01-01-2006, 05:09 PM
There is a Coho run going on now. You can view it at the Inkwells. Its by Sir Francis Drake Blvd. just before you enter Samual P. Taylor State Park. When I was a kid we used to ride our bikes out there to check it out. Beautiful area. Go to www.spawnusa.org There is a photo taken in Dec. of a salmon jumping the falls and lots of info. on the restoration project which seems to be a volunteer operation. My thanks to them.
All the streams in that area are closed to any type of fishing year around.

randyfishing
01-03-2006, 09:38 AM
Thanks hetchy, good to see some successful restoration projects, so simple yet so important and effective.