had a lot of catch up work to do to my boat
starter, vhf antenna, crab pot puller, fan belt

any ways....

i am not to sure how the crabbing has been
i read here and there that limits are the rule

but

i saw to many boats come back with next to zip
i could not even mooch a crab due to the poor counts

i heard on the fm radio that the comercial dudes were offered $1.75/lb and wanted $1.85
in reality i was told they were not going to fish for
$1.25/lb and that the $1.40/lb from last year was not enough
2 large boats have already moved down from up north
one packing 1100 pots
the season for the commercial boys may be pushed back a couple of weeks to let the crabs harden up
bad thing is....Or and Wa may push there seasons back also due to the soft shells
so we will still be raped by the northern dudes
something else to think about....
i heard...
washington and oregon crab permit holders as long as they stay outside the three nautical mile line can drop pots all up and down the west coast
the only thing they need to do is offload in their own permited state

well enough rambling....

boat is still dirty
but is ready to go

TSL

Sea_Snake
11-15-2005, 07:55 PM
Thats all bad news especialy the 1100 pots, Iam going to get my five pots out this weekend before theres nothing left. weather permitting I will round the head and try to find some paydirt a little north of mussel point. Well salmon is done does it always start back up on april 1st or is up to the DFG to decide before we have to buy our fishing licences jan 1st. ???

triggerfish
11-17-2005, 07:43 AM
snake the salmon season usally starts up below pigeon pt. on the 1 sat in April. and around the 14th north of that to pt Arina. I head sometime back that they are going to open both areas up at the same time this year. But its the fish and game, so who knows what they will do.

exocet
12-28-2005, 08:36 PM
nice