PDA

View Full Version : BODEGA TUESDAY 9-27-05

Snappy_McBite
09-26-2005, 10:17 PM
Heading out of bodega for some pink hogs. Channel 77. Anyone else heading out there?

Mickey_Thomas
09-27-2005, 03:20 AM
Yes, I'll be there before noon. We'll call you when we get on the water. I'm also staying for Weds, if the weather holds out ??? they have changed Weds forecast everyday for a week, I don't know why they bother giving a long range forecast ::)

THE_TROUTKING
09-27-2005, 04:00 AM
Snappy this is Brian in the 16 ft kalamathI will be out there two.I may head to the river aera fist not sure yet
I will call you on 77.

THE_TROUTKING
09-27-2005, 04:57 PM
Will had a good day out there it was a day with fish in the boat.Caught two one was 17 pounds and one 20 pounder.
One was caught in 120 feet of water 100 feet on the wire
and the second one was caught in 89 feet of water at 75 feet on the wire.Great day out on the water.
The hot setup was a watermelon doger 8 inch and char,rsk.

Brian

Mickey_Thomas
09-29-2005, 06:39 AM
Dennis and I didn't find any Salmon Tues, guess that's what happens when you don't start fishing till 1:30pm. I did manage to land a keeper Ling. Weds Ron Gone fishin showed up and went with us. We let out lines just past the start of 10 mile beach, trolled toward Abbott's and I hooked and got a big one to the boat just to watch him spit the hook before Ron could get a net on him ??? I think Ron hooked up next but only fought the fish for about 15 seconds before it got off ??? The next one Ron hooked we actually got it in the net ;D A big fat 32 pounder ;) Things were looking up. I hooked the next one just to have it to the boat, under the boat, and finally around the motor and broke my line ::) Dennis finally hooked a fish and we actually landed it, a nice 12+ pound Ling. Dennis hooked a Salmon and fought it till his new 17lb line broke :P I kept hooking Rocky's while trolling for Salmon, Ron landed a big Ling also so we ended up with 1 huge Salmon, 2 big Lings and about 8 Rocky's, lots of action on what was supposed to be "small craft warning" type of day ;) Every Salmon we hooked were big ones, with a little luck we could have limited on Salmon but that's just fishing. All the fish we caught were just outside of Abbott's in about 90-100' of water. There are still Salmon out there and that's the good news. Had a real fun time, and Dennis was on him maiden voyage in the ocean and brought home fish so all in all a good trip. Some pictures to follow as soon as I crawl in the boat and find my camera ;D ;D

THE_TROUTKING
09-29-2005, 08:17 AM
Yo Mickey glad you guys got a salmon.And you got to fight some more thats cool too.Lings are darn good eats. ;D.
I thing tuesday was my luckey day two salmon ;D ;D.
My net man nothing ::).

Brian

Mickey_Thomas
09-29-2005, 11:25 AM
I guess I should blame my net man too ;D but in reality I never got a fish within net range, except the one under the boat, I don't know why Ron didn't just dive in and get it ;) ;D ;D ;D

Dennis
09-29-2005, 01:59 PM
Here's some of the pics

http://home.comcast.net/~dwojdac1/Pictures/Bodega/Bodega_with_Dennis_and_Ron_9-28-05_001.jpg Dennis working a ling and Ron ready with the net.

http://home.comcast.net/~dwojdac1/Pictures/Bodega/Dennis_with_ling_wave.jpg Dennis with the ling and a little bit of a wave behind the boat.

http://home.comcast.net/~dwojdac1/Pictures/Bodega/Birds_Feeding.jpg Bird feeding frenzy.

Micky,
Thanks for inviting me. I had a good time. Sure glad Ron came on board Wednesday. I felt lost at times and it was great to have his experience on board. I'm still a little bothered that we couldn't put yours in the boat. We really should have had that one.

Ron,
It was great fishing with you. Thanks for the instructions, the lure and the coaching.

More pics to come...

Mickey_Thomas
09-29-2005, 02:53 PM
I guess I'm just a pretty face with a boat ::)Sorry I couldn't teach you anything Dennis ;) ;D ;D ;D It's always good to have Ron on board, he's the lucky one and always catches fish, sometimes it rubs off 8)

gone fishin
09-29-2005, 03:29 PM
Thanks Mickey for inviting me out yesterday, I had another awesome time with you guys. It was great to finally fish with Dinnis as well.

It was one of those days losing the big ones. We came so close to putting 2 more in the box. That was the strange to catch so many cod trolling for Salmon. especially the 2 big lings.

Here is the photo you took of my biggest ever salmon... ;D ;D

Thanks again....

32 lbs of fun.....

http://momentoffame.com/photopost/data/501/medium/P10100023.JPG

Dennis
09-29-2005, 03:45 PM
Mickey,

Darn you! You know better than that. Thanks for twisting this around. I feel like a smuck.

Now drive the boat and never leave fish to find fish! ;D ;D ;D

sunracer1957
09-29-2005, 03:46 PM
Great Fish Ron and nice pic by the way.. did Mickey coach you on proper pic taking?

Mickey_Thomas
09-29-2005, 04:13 PM
I knew that would get to you Dennis ;D ;D Sunracer, why do you think that? ;)Great Salmon Ron, thanks for sharing, I'm bringing that big slab you gave me to Pyramid Fest, are you bringing your BBQ? I can't fit my big one in the camper. ;)

Trout_Chaser
09-30-2005, 04:07 AM
Nice job guys...sounds like an awesome trip. Looks to me that Mickey has a "good luck curse" on that new boat! 3 cheers for the captain!!! :D ;D

brian_m
09-30-2005, 04:01 PM
It must be nice to ya know, go fishing! :(