PDA

View Full Version : bolinas lagoon

CaptBrandon
09-25-2005, 02:27 PM
I saw there is a boat ramp at bolinas at the end of brighton street has anyone launched out of there? does anybody have any info on this ramp I'm thinkin about launching out of there tomarrow. help appreciated

Rusty_Hooks
09-25-2005, 02:44 PM
Mike...

Either you pay for the gas in your vehicle to get there or

you pay for the gas in your boat to get there

It's about an hour from San Rafael if my old and decrepid mind remembers correctly ???

I don't know what the condition is or if its affected by tides

Folks in Bolinas are......"Folks from Bolinas"...info is sketchy ::)

CaptBrandon
09-25-2005, 03:00 PM
I dont care about the gas, if it gets rough i can only do 9-10 miles an hour , just trying to avoid a 2 hour boat ride. brandon

THE_TROUTKING
09-25-2005, 05:51 PM
you need a yearly pass i think $150.00 the gate is locked you need a key.BRIAN

Mickey_Thomas
09-25-2005, 06:34 PM
I think I heard that it's a beach launch also.

65whaler
09-26-2005, 03:42 PM
it's definitely key access, beach access into a tidal lagoon, and you have to break through the surf to get out. lickedy split to dux though.

vito
09-27-2005, 01:52 PM
I have seen many boats launch there. Never seen anything over 18 feet launched though. You will need 4wd for sure. It is a beach launch with a lot of firm gravel. The access to the beach is blocked by a pilar which can be locked, but all of the times I have been there it wasn't. Locals just walked up and pulled the pillar out of the ground and drove on in. The real problem is parking your rig and trailer after launching. There is literally no parking there. Just a few spots on the side of the road that fill up fast. The breakers there are usually quite small compared to other areas. I have surfed there for years and the waves are small but consistant - with lots of channels. For more info call Smiley's Saloon. They should be able to help you out.

GrizzMan
11-25-2013, 02:49 PM
Bump to this thread. I am thinking about launching from here this weekend. Has anyone had any success lately? I called a few local shops and they said that it can be hit or miss. Any done a successful beach launch from here?