PDA

View Full Version : Duxbury salmon on the new seeker 9/05

Collegebound
09-05-2005, 06:05 PM
Went mooching today on the New seeker out of emeryville. ran up to duxbury with the fleet, boated a couple dink salmon and a halibut. Then, left the fleet and went up to double point. Still slow, a couple more salmon each hour. Towards the end of the day, we started catching some mature hens with a lot of roe in them. My dad and i finished with 3 fish, all of them barely legal. I got to reel in a 15#, since the person wasnt manning their rod. but they got the fish in the end. Oh well. if anyone was on the salty lady, I hope you told that guy to tighten his drag. Some guy had a fish on but his drag must have been set real loose. The boat went around us at least once with this fish hanging and the guy wasnt making any progress. We saw the fish splash but it didnt seem too big. I think the boat ended with a fish per rod avg. I'll post a pic tommorrow hopefully.

Mike

Collegebound
09-08-2005, 06:56 PM
Here is the photo hope this works
http://momentoffame.com/photopost/data/525/Mike_with_hog.jpg

recs1 JBF
09-08-2005, 10:06 PM
Finmuffin that's one nice looking salmon!! Hopefully they start to make there way upriver soon ;D ;D ;D .

just_kidding
09-08-2005, 10:42 PM
Let us Ocean People know where your fishin' like what bend or what hole, and we can send you River People three fish a person......no more no less. That way we have fish and you have fish. we can share. :D

gmdcdvm
09-10-2005, 05:44 PM
very nice fish. If the weather and counts hold I might try to make it out next week either Monday or Tuesday. Looks like the big guys have finally decided to make a showing.

Collegebound
09-10-2005, 06:02 PM
There are definately big fish out there. Im just suprised that a lot of the fish we picked up were barely legal. DO you think they are jacks trying to head up too early or just small fish hanging around? Any ideas on the size of that fish in the pic?
Mike