PDA

View Full Version : Fort bragg 8/25

CaptBrandon
08-26-2005, 02:44 PM
Arrived at 2am checked in at the ebb tide, smells like mold but only one willing to check us in at 2am. Up at 5.30 on the water at 6am waters were a little sloppy headed north to pudding creek trolled for 2min bam!! 10lber on green flasher and green rsk w anchovey at 50 feet, then over the next five hours lost 8 fish!!!!!!!! from 40-70ft "when you buy rsk's throw the hook rig away and duplicate w better 20lb leader and gami's or diachi's" after 3-4 pm water got super flat trolled north of pudding lost more fish including one right on top setting downrigger clip, then 3 shakers then double hook up one landed 15lber white flasher red rsk w herring, then bam big fish on!!!!!!!!went on several long runs and lost!!!then bam!!! another 15lber dodger and glow rsk w herring...Then bam! big fish!!!!!!! took long runs had to chase with boat, landed!!!!! 30lber!!!!!!! last pass bam!!! this time nice ling cod on rsk! Then saw bait ball getting attacked by school of fish threw gibbs minnow silver/black jigging on surface Every cast right away quality blacks and blues 2-3 lbs keeped 15,caught tons then got dark quick,ran back to noyo 18 mph, nice calm evening bite saw whales and dolphins even a 100-150 lb thresher caught on hootchie lost TWELVE landed 4 10,15,15,30 and 5 shakers about fifty rocks 2-3lbs and one ling 7lb. Most productive was a 8inch crome dodger w glow rsk echip 48" leader and herring this set up out fished the flashers "witch was 2 rods flashers to one rod dodger" five to one!!!!! pro troll flashers w echip are JUNK!!! stick to the crome metel dodger. pics to follow

65whaler
08-26-2005, 04:58 PM
nice job. sounds like there were a lot of slippery fish.

AllFishNoWork
08-26-2005, 09:42 PM
Great day of fishing for you, but it sounds like Emeril was onboard with you ;)
Lat weekend in Ft Bragg, I saw the bait balls right on top and a whale too. That was cool 8)
You might check the Starbird Hotel, they have taken us late, not 3am, but late.

HollyWentFishin
08-26-2005, 10:02 PM
The Seabird too :P

fishenrick
08-26-2005, 11:08 PM
Sounds like you had a blast, I keep saying I am going up there but then I also keep saying those fish will be here soon, but I have been saying that for awhile now, oh well.
Again nice job.

Fishenrick

CORN
08-27-2005, 05:37 AM
Great job. Good thing you stuck with it and brought home some good fish. Last week, I had 2 of those Echip RSKs break on me ... at the knot! I re-tied all of my rigs with Gammi barbless hooks and 40 lb Maxima leaders.

AllFishNoWork
08-27-2005, 07:12 AM
Starbird, Seabird... at least I know it isn't the Sunbird because there is no sun in Ft Bragg ;D

Intimidator
08-30-2005, 11:42 AM
Nice report.
fished out of Noyo on the 25th and 26th.
Pig salmon both days. off the water by 8:30am on friday with four pigs. they all came on blue hoochies in 100' of water