PDA

View Full Version : Where to launch: Sausalito or San Rafael?

paceac
08-17-2005, 02:16 PM
I am heading out to fish California City this Saturday. I am just trying to figure out where to launch. Sausalito looks closer but would the water going from there be too rough for a 15' Gregor? Then there is Loch Lomond but is it really $20 to launch? Does anybody have any suggestions for launch ramps?

Big_Country
08-17-2005, 02:48 PM
To fish Cal City in a 15' aluminum, I'd prefer Sausalito. Much closer run than Loch Lomond. Those are really the only choices along the Marin shoreline, unless you know someone at the Rod & Gun Club.

Are salmon showing now?

paceac
08-17-2005, 03:47 PM
Thanks for the info. I haven't heard of many salmon showing yet, just one caught here and there. Hopefully there will be some by this weekend. I will post if we do any good. Is there more than one ramp in Sausalito? Do they have a public launch becuase I don't think any yacht club is going to let me in with my 15' Gregor.

just_kidding
08-17-2005, 03:59 PM
Yeah there is more than one place to launch in Sausalito. You can launch for free at Paradise Bay. It's downtown past the Caruso's. A 15' Gregor will be fine. watch out for the late afternoon blow. You may get wet. Good luck! I heard the Duxberry bite was hot but might of turned off. If thats the case........Hello Cal City.

paceac
08-17-2005, 04:17 PM
How would one get to this launch from 101?

just_kidding
08-17-2005, 07:43 PM
Take the sausalito exit. Off of the freeway take a left under the overpass and get in the left turn lanes. there are two of them. you turn right on Bridgeway and continue down bridgeway for approx. 2 miles. You will pass a seven eleven on your right. About a 1/4 mile past 7/11you will see paradise bay. There is a big sign next to the launch that says Boat Storage. If you are looking at that sign the launch is on your right about 100 yards. You should not have too much trouble finding it. You can see the launch and the little dock from the road. make sure to GPS that spot because it can be a bit confusing trying to find it on the way back in. Good luck.

paceac
08-17-2005, 07:57 PM
Cool, thanks for the great directions. That is a good idea to GPS the launch. When I get back I'll post how I do.