PDA

View Full Version : Salmon from shore?

manwithgoldenhook
06-08-2004, 07:47 AM
Is there a place to catch salmon from shore, in the ocean?

65whaler
06-08-2004, 08:56 AM
you'd have better luck from a river shore my friend. it happens occasionally late in the season, but it's a fluke when it happens.

ken_fishnfool
06-08-2004, 11:00 AM
Fort Point Pier and Pacifica Pier are 2 places I know of that they catch salmon quite regularly. :) Use a sliding pier float setup with herring or live anchovies (if you can catch some). :D

SIDECASTER
06-08-2004, 08:15 PM
You have a good chance of picking them up off the beach @ the mouth of the Russian River in late July or in August when the Anchovies move in close & the Kings are getting nervous about coming in the river. But with all the lousy sea lions & the animal rights trash it's been getting worse out there every year. >:(

mandadawe1
08-06-2005, 07:53 AM
yes! Benicia state park and in the town itself of Benicia in 1st. street. call benicia bait and tackle at 1-707-745-4921 for info. they just open last week.good luck! there's some more good places to fish but you'll find out once you're in the firingg line.

blue_chrush
08-06-2005, 05:55 PM
Benicia is the spot and the fish are huge too...
that is the a great spot for shore based anglers... ;) :D

Jan_from_Humboldt
08-07-2005, 07:40 AM
Is there a place to catch salmon from shore, in the ocean?

Quite a few salmon are caught each year from the jetty at Humboldt bay Eureka, a long handled net is advised.

Also wear a life vest as its rough as a cob here and we loose a few off the jetties every year due to sneaker waves.

Better you buy a boat or rent a ride.

Johnny
08-10-2005, 09:29 PM
Got to agree with Blue Crush, last year got two casting Mepps, what a blast, any word from Benicia fishman.. I say Middle of September... Got the itch.. ;D

Bassassin
08-11-2005, 02:45 PM
There is a big Benicia thread on the fresh water Salmon board with plenty of good information being shared.

From the sounds of things, it is still a little early, but shouldn't be long...