PDA

View Full Version : Moss Landing Report - Continues!

knof
07-25-2005, 12:27 PM
Well I took my father out on Friday and man was the water flat! I thought I was on a lake, I'm serious. It was a nice day but the fishing was slow, until 10:30am, then I connected into a 8 pounder. Nothing big, but the skunk was gone. A short time later we hooking into another fish, and from the way he was running and felt, I thought we had a good fish. I passed my pole to dad so he could play it in and I would net it. He played it and that sucker kept running, but we did finally pull it in to see . . . the damn weight was still on! Well it was a fish and legal at 20.25 inches. I hate keeping all these small fish, but the big toads didn't come into Monterey Bay like normal. Due to the warm waters, they probably just swam straight through the outside of the bay and headed north withought coming close to shore (those dirty B@$%%*&#). Well it is almost time to start finding me up at Benicia for a while, then I'll be out of Walnut Grove on the Sacramento. Maybe you'll also find me up in Red Bluff.

Keith

fishnmike2002
07-25-2005, 02:13 PM
Good report knof. Was wondering how it was going out there, doesn't look worth the drive right now. I'm watching the Sac pretty closly and will be heading there as soon as it starts to show signs of life.

FishnMike

gone fishin
07-25-2005, 02:52 PM
Hey knof,

Thanks for the updated report. I'm heading out somewhere this Friday, just not sure yet. Most likely it will be either Moss or Bodega...

Take care and good luck.