PDA

View Full Version : Dux  7-23

Hoghauler
07-24-2005, 10:36 AM
Went out the GG for the first time in my own boat Sat. Was able to follow a very experienced ocean fishermen that was a friend of a friend. I dropped lines at 8:00 A.M. It was a very slow pick for almost everyone in the area. I trolled for 4 hours and caught and released 4 trout and lost one big fish shortly after the first long run. The fishing was fairly slow, but it was a beautiful day and I had a great time. Will probably be out there next Saturday if the weather holds and the fish come back.

fishguts
07-24-2005, 05:06 PM
How long of a boat ride is it to Dux after you cross under the GG? Looks like the weather is going to be great the rest of the week.

14_blast
07-24-2005, 05:13 PM
Yeah, if the weather holds up, I just might be there this Saturday. Did you give Double Point a try?

Hoghauler
07-24-2005, 08:47 PM
Fishguts- It is about 10 miles to Dux after you cross the gate. It really doesn't seem that far, as it is a pretty simple run as you just work your way up the coast. I should tell you that I didn't have to put up with much fog on the way out though. Dr1 which is the dux buoy is located at 51 42. I basically knew I was at dux when I ran into the other 60 boats that were already there trolling. I really can't comment on other spots, as I really don't know the spots all that well yet. I can say that the radio talk spoke of slow fishing everywhere. Not too many people were fishing muir or stenson. The friend I followed out got into some red hot action Fri. morning at Dux, but of course by Sat. they were gone. They say the water is much warmer this year and is causing the salmon to not stay long as they stage for their run upriver. The weather looks great this week and makes me want to take an early vacation :) I'll keep you guys posted as I go out. Go got em!!

fishguts
07-24-2005, 08:55 PM
Looks like I may head out the GG or from Bodega on Thursday, the wind and swell look great to go. I will know for sure as the week develops at the ole' homestead. If I go I will post it and hopefully I can follow someone out there.
Joe P.

cptfishalot
07-24-2005, 11:49 PM
I'll be headed out Friday of the upcoming week...
Can't decide if I'm gonna head south or north.
Haven't been to DB this year and I've been down south and catching Salmon while fishing for Halibut.
Luck has been very consisitent landing the Salmon, maybe I should start off really fishing for them and then go barbless the rest of the day for the Hali's......
I really like this "Live Bait" deal, just drifting and waiting.....that's like hardly any work at all...
sceaming reels and tight lines and good weather to all of us !!!!