PDA

View Full Version : Oakland-Berkley pier fishing

troutman
09-27-2008, 06:26 PM
I have to be in the east bay for a week to visit my Daughter and Grandson, any one know where I can take him out on a pier and catch something,and what to use. :P

Phinger28
09-28-2008, 07:24 PM
Tight lips around here eh? :-/ Ill be in east bay area on the week of the 6th unfortunately for a court appearance, but after court i will have time for some stress relief therapy. ;) Im not sure as to where to go in the east bay because im from Sacramento, but i imagine that the sharks and rays should still be biting good on the east side. Maybe ill try Dumbarton Pier. Anyone else have any good suggestions where an out-of-towner can get into some fish? Is high tide prime if im not mistaken?

Phinger28
09-28-2008, 07:41 PM
Seen a post suggesting San Leandro marina...might be worth a shot.

troutman
09-29-2008, 04:54 AM
Thanks Phinger 28,Think I'll ask around the bait shops too. If you make it up to the Dunsmuir area, and want to fish the McCloud or sac. rivers, or the lakes (I have a 14' Klamath that will get around Siskiyou or McCloud lakes real good),E-mail me before you come up to this area and I will give you my phone number,we can get toghter, and I will show you some of the locals honey holes!

sHoRe_fAnAtIc
09-29-2008, 07:04 AM
Hey guys...

check out pierfishing.com

lots of pier fishing info here (including almost all pier locations in California)

GOT2FISH510
10-01-2008, 08:39 PM
For sure catch for your kid she will enjoy go catch some Jack Smelt. Use 3 hook float setup with like a 3 ounch weight. Hook size 4. Or just pick up a Sibiki rig with with size 4 hooks. Use 1st Sardines or 2nd choice Power Worns 3rd choice Shrimp. Just put enough bait to fit the hook and cast out. I take my nephew out during summer and he has a ball catching those fish.

BTW pay attention to the bobber because it might drift into the pier and get stuck.

Have fun.