PDA

View Full Version : Sausalito Fishin' 8/24

Dday
08-25-2008, 10:51 AM
Went out this weekend To Sausalito to soak some squid... Great weather, water was nice and fishing looked good... We were targeting ray's. Wanted to take a beating i guess [smiley=hitfish.gif]

Well we had 3 rays landed, 1 ray break off and 1 skate landed.

The ray i caught had to have been over 100+ easy... Jpangie707 and I could not pull him up.. he was huge!!!!!! Fought for almost an hour before he quit [smiley=seestars.gif] It was a blast catching him!!!

In all we had a great day, nice weather, good fishing team and fun fights!! All fish were c&r (Always)

Tahkee strikes again

drinkin_buddy
08-25-2008, 06:57 PM
Nice!! Glad to hear you gave'm hell. ;) How did your reel's drag hold up on that epic one hour ride?

jpangie707
08-25-2008, 07:42 PM
I had a good time bruddah, even though I didnt get hooked up :'( I wanted to devirginize my new calcutta 700b. its all good though. Dday was using a 6500b baitrunner, that thing held up pretty good. He hooked into a monster ray that went on at least 6-7runs and peeled bout 150-200yrds of line at a time NO B/S!!! Hey Dday you the man for hangin in there and whoopin that beast, :-? or did that boy whoop you. Hahaha, if I remember right it took you bout an hour just to rebait and start fishing again ;D ;D. Least you know your knots and crimps hold up good. J/K Im just jealous I got skunked, GOOD TIMES BRO!!! We gotta do it again

Dday
08-26-2008, 06:55 AM
hahaha!!! I felt like rocky and apollo creed when they both knocked each other out, but rocky got up just before the 10 count... I bairly beat that ray!!! [smiley=stretcher.gif]

We'll go back and pop that cherry on the 700b u got!

Hey DB, the reel held up nice! I take good care of that reel.. Clean and lube it after every trip... But for a minute there I thought it my be shopping time ;D.. but it never gave out and performed the same thru the whole fight... One thing I also always do on all my reels during a big fight,, i use my free hand to hold the spool and feather a little extra tension... I do that after a couple runs. I let em start a new run then right at what i think is the peak of his run, i add a little extra pressure to shorten his run.. seems to work good for me :D just my .02

drinkin_buddy
08-28-2008, 07:48 PM
Thanks for the tip. I need to get into a regular routine for cleaning and mantainence...good thing to do. 8-)