PDA

View Full Version : Fishing the HMB jetty?

philosophy
08-25-2008, 10:05 AM
I was wondering if you guys could help me out. I'm nt asking for any specific spots out there but i was wondering how are u suppose to fish the jetty. I went there about 3 times with no luch except for alot of rock crab. I cast about 5-7 hards out. nothing. Is there a specific way to fish the jetties. Any advice would help. Thanks in advance

GT
08-25-2008, 10:51 AM
Hey philosophy, the key to fishing any jetty is to cast near the rocks. Fan cast about 20 ft out with a swimbait, a weighted grub/scampi, or a tube bait and you're set. Use colors like rootbear, any olives, reds, or blacks will get you strikes. Be mobile and cover as much of the jetty as possible.

If you're a bait person, then I suggest using anchovies on a high-low thrown about 5 ft from the rocks. Don't need to cast far since the fish is up close. Another method of take for jetties is via poke pole method. Bring squid and poke into the holes between rocks and you'll be surprised what lies beneath.

Good Luck,
GT

philosophy
08-25-2008, 11:36 AM
thansk man. trying to get out there this weekend with a pack of swimbaits and a lot of luck

nateb
08-25-2008, 09:15 PM
This sounds like great advice as i always do the exact opposite...and have NEVER caught a fish on the HMB jettys. Thinking of making a weekend trip to test this out!

Crass
08-26-2008, 05:37 PM
i hear of paddletail style swimbaits on a jighead being the pref.
usually 4"-5" in length. Like GT said, tho.. thats the way! good luck! i never get a chance to go out on that jetty too much..