PDA

View Full Version : Capitola 7-29

realdeal
07-29-2008, 10:20 PM
Fished the capitola pier for a few hours today, tons of anchovies, tourists, and pelicans. There was a huge school of anchovies that spent the whole day around the wharf, used sabiki rigs to jig them up. Got a bunch of drive bys on live bait rig, just couldnt get anything to stick, so Im sure the halis are there. Great day at the pier except for the nosy tourists looking over my shoulder while Im fishing and touching the areator on my bait bucket. Also I was nearly mauled by a pelican, I dropped a chovie on the pier and as I reached to grab it, a pelican had the same idea and I soon found my finger inside his beak! luckily he didnt have teeth. Man that thing was brazen, after he bit me he brushed right past my sister and headed to my bait bucket. Thankfully the kids fishing near me chased him off for me. Many pelicans were caught in fishing lines today.

scfisher831
07-29-2008, 10:47 PM
Those pelicans will be sneaky and if you don't watch your bait bucket they will go for it.Its a free meal for them.The tourist on the other hand can be a pain in the butt.I know how you feel when they were rite behind you lookin over your shoulder while you fished.I used to live 2 blocks from the wharf and fished it alot.I would put a swimbait on and start casting it and that purdy much got the pepole off my back unless they wanted a hook in their head ;D.Hope you get'em next time.

vdub
07-29-2008, 11:32 PM
yea pretty much the same things happened to me the other day

the onyl difference was, everytime the pelican came near my bucket, i whipped it with one of my other rods. i dont like admitting i did that nor do i like it when snobby, know-it-all, greenpeace 4 life, peta-pledgin, random toursist walk up to me and say you are not allowed to do that. It is my only way of keeping these animals out of my bait bucket, so i wont be fishing for bait all day.

one airborne one almost took my sabiki off when i was bringing it back up.

and yea there are many short guys out in the surf nipping at tails