PDA

View Full Version : Oakland 7th street

kromebrite
05-12-2008, 11:30 AM
How is the 7th street pier(Port View Park) for general sharkin' and misc. catches? Thinking of expanding my horizons from boat fishing the bay to some shore/pier places. Seems good for those days when you want to get some fishingin but don't want to spend the money on gas for the boat or the wash down after being in salt. Get there by 6ish, hit it until about noon, home by 2 for a siesta. 8-)

fishingrick57
05-12-2008, 12:01 PM
I remember it used to be great before they built that levee break. We used to catch tons of king fish and lots of leopards. Only tried a couple times after the construction, and wasnt worth it to me to drive from fremont for the fish we got. Let us know how it is if you head out there.... 8-)

chagovatoloco
05-14-2008, 08:15 AM
Last year my wife and I fished from middle harbor, I didn't have time to set up her rod before a shark almost pulled my rod in the water. There are a lot of fish out there and a lot of snags. The bat rays are huge and put up a big fight, but you will lose a lot of setups.

kromebrite
05-14-2008, 03:59 PM
Thanks for the feedback.
Sounds like it would be worth checking out sometime. ;)

nayr
05-14-2008, 05:23 PM
Powell street in emeryville has been good for a few nice leopards and rays the last few times I went. Its relatively close to the 7th street exit(assuming thats the way to the pier)... Oh and if someone doesnt mind telling me how do you get to the 7th st. pier?

kromebrite
05-15-2008, 09:46 PM
Powell street in emeryville has been good for a few nice leopards and rays the last few times I went. Its relatively close to the 7th street exit(assuming thats the way to the pier)... Oh and if someone doesnt mind telling me how do you get to the 7th st. pier?
I looked it up on pierfishing.com, then I went to google maps and searched the Alameda area to find 7th street.
Thanks for the tip on the Powell pier. Nice to have options.

Now if the bait shops would just get some midshipmen in..... ::)

nayr
05-17-2008, 05:33 PM
thanks kromebrite... I was thinking the pier was going to be in oakland off of 7th st. exit. HA ha no wonder I couldnt find it. But anyways on powell street its just rocky shoreline no pier.

chagovatoloco
05-17-2008, 09:31 PM
Yes the pier I'm talking about it in oakland. It is called middle harbor and it is at the end of 7th street in oakland by the shipping docks. If you look up middle harbor you will find directions, there are too spots. One it on the right looks nice but the watter is too shallow, on the left there is a long walk near the bird tower. That is the spot.

nayr
05-18-2008, 07:44 PM
thanks chago... once i get mobile again im going to have to check that out. I just moved to sanleandro from the pinole area(el sobrante) and im eager to learn all the local shorelines and piers.

kromebrite
05-18-2008, 09:25 PM
Always good to have options.

Just waiting for some free time to check it out.