PDA

View Full Version : bank sharkin!

gomezfish
04-16-2008, 01:19 PM
so whos been out tryna find the hot bite? any reports? southbay? north bay?eastbay? bolinas? tomales?

reports?

im ready for some warm weather sharkin!!

MontanaN8V
04-16-2008, 01:29 PM
We are headin out early on Saturday Andy, going to spend all day fishin, messin around on the beach, etc. Plan on keeping one shark for dinner Saturday night when we get home.

gomezfish
04-16-2008, 01:39 PM
dude i gotta work saturday but i get off early, if im off sunday im gonna go out there with a brick of squid!!!

Crass
04-16-2008, 02:12 PM
Its been dry for me.. im diein to get this skunk off my back!! i think ill give it a try this weekend.. try some from the piers and try and make it up north and maybe even down south..

MontanaN8V
04-16-2008, 02:16 PM
That's too bad man, will try and save some sharks for ya to catch on Sunday.

slowriprun
04-20-2008, 10:56 AM
I hit Bo-Bo land lagoon late last night. I did well: three over four feet. Chummed it up, used midshipmen. They're there in good numbers.
David

gomezfish
04-20-2008, 12:21 PM
where can i find midshipmen? never used that bait but heard its a good shark bait

do u fish the mudflats or try to stay in the channel..or the inlet

kromebrite
04-20-2008, 03:08 PM
Good score on the midshipmen;I've been calling around and they have been difficult to find.

SpinReelFisher
04-20-2008, 10:14 PM
I've been able to periodically find midshipmen...it's just a little more work than I'd like to do, so I haven't made the extra effort so far. I really want to though.

I went to Berkeley pier on Wednesday night for a big NOTHING. Got there a little late, fished from 8:45 to 12:30 - DEAD. I think the problem was there were a BAZILLION crabs out there. Every time I cast, within 30 seconds, I had one of those little Ba....rds on the bait. We reeled in a few all the way onto the pier... Actually, it was kind of funny - a couple had their dog out with them, and while they weren't looking, the dog started chasing a crab around the pier. It got nicked a few times in the nose! Then it let it be.

I'll be headed out there again this next week, maybe Friday night to see if I can't get into something good.

HEY - question to everyone - what do you like to use as chum??

MontanaN8V
04-21-2008, 07:46 AM
Took the kids to Bolinas Saturday, fished the incoming for nada in the lagoon. Wind was crazy. Fished for three hours using squid, then the kids got too cold. Packed it in. Driving to Stinson, saw one guy land a small shark. Next time.

bigg_fishh
04-22-2008, 07:49 AM
Any one try the alameda rockwall?

soakinscent
04-22-2008, 12:20 PM
bait, your all over the sniffer, got your line out there seeing whats bitin, i like it, you aint switching the sturgeon leader just yet are you?

gomezfish
04-22-2008, 07:56 PM
"its the first day of summer"- the voice of reason

ahahahah..hell no , i could use a little action though, if the winds aint bad this friday night we should make a go of it...the sunday after the last outing i went out and soaked some fresh grass , no bites at collinsville but caught a shaker sturg at the powerlines , we should work that area......plus its closer to our launch

soakinscent
04-23-2008, 06:01 AM
i'll be on a charter saturday (flash fishing) buddy's birthday gig/ get together, have'nt seen them in awhile should be a good time. im in for the power lines, we only worked it once since the over size. let me know about friday, i dont want to do an all nighter because i have to be up and at um saturday morn. let me know. "AAWWWWEE F#@$ !" "what?" "IT GOT OFF" "did you get to see it?" "NO!"

gomezfish
04-24-2008, 06:45 PM
hahahaha...classic!

MontanaN8V
04-24-2008, 08:05 PM
Andy, that belongs on another board! Dont make me report you. Dude, beings you hijacked your own post, I found the holy grail for dungies from shore! 8-10 inchers, and lots of them! Best part, it is great shark fishing while crabbing. Lets go man, next weekend. This weekend I fly to Spokane, but lets do it next sat, K?K.

gomezfish
04-25-2008, 11:45 AM
wheres this spot you speak of>?

SpinReelFisher
04-25-2008, 02:11 PM
Yeah, you can't just toss out info on the boards and not even give us a hint!!

MontanaN8V
04-28-2008, 10:30 AM
K, the spot is located, dang, the phone is ringing. Will let ya know later. Very important call. Andy, you game for Saturday to go?

gomezfish
04-29-2008, 07:04 PM
i cant rich im having a baby tomarow and my ladie comes home from the hospitable on saturday...were gonna hook up though one of these days coming up and go slay some sharks!

MontanaN8V
04-30-2008, 07:37 AM
Congrats on the baby Andy! When we go sharkin, bring your crab gear, wink wink.

MontanaN8V
05-02-2008, 07:56 AM
going to go pound some leopards with the kids tomorrow. And, catch some dungies. You coming Andy?

MontanaN8V
05-06-2008, 07:50 AM
Got at Bolinas inlet right at slack high tide. Got intot he dungies right away, did not fish for sharks until tide went out. Crabbed until could not hold hoops on bottom. Ended up with just under a limit of dungies for me and the kids. Cut them loose to play on the beach, while I fished the outgoing for sharks/rays. No bites, but was propositioned for a date by someone of the same gender, which quickly prompted me to put my T-shirt back on! Crazy. All in all, great day with the kids, and great meals all weekend long. Can say, I am sick of crab for now.

gomezfish
05-07-2008, 07:24 PM
lol!!! im off next weekend , i might take the drive