PDA

View Full Version : Lingcod

Bakkie
04-18-2008, 04:52 PM
Does anybody know where to catch lingcod and other rockfish in San Francisco or San Pablo Bay?

Sea_Turtle
04-18-2008, 05:56 PM
There really aren't many places in the Bay to fish for Rockfish or Ling Cod. I've caught small rockfish and Lings in the rocks around Angel Island but you really have to go out the Gate to get 'em.

Unless someone else knows something I don't.

fbanaria
04-18-2008, 11:08 PM
You can catch rockfish and lingcod by the jetty at Fort Baker. Most of the times though they are smallish. I have seen some people post their pics of keeper lingcod caught there from time to time.

GCinGV
04-19-2008, 03:26 AM
Iíve actually caught small Lings off the Berkeley pier but itís extremely rare. You can catch them and Rockies around the GG Bridge towers most of the time but if you can go out passed the Gate to mile buoy on the south side they get allot thicker and bigger. Havenít caught many keepers inside the Gate.
GC

triggerfish
04-20-2008, 09:15 AM
I have caught lings on the west side of Alcratraz is. we were fishing for stripers. on those rockpiles. They were not very big. it was not rockfish season yet. also we have caught rockfish on the west side of angel in the deeper water. I doubt.there are enough there to target.

slowriprun
04-20-2008, 10:45 AM
Hey,

I've had some decent luck fishing cod inside the bay, from shore, although it is much better outside. I just locate structure, usually, a rock wall and fish it, walk it, fish it. The fish are right in front of me. The mistake I see most fishermen make is casting too far out. There's nice quality fish right in front of them. I mean "right" in front of them, only a few feet out. You get some strange looks, but you'll be surprised.

I don't know how large of a fish you are targetting, but the cod can be nice, the lings, this time of year will be males.

Good luck,
David