PDA

View Full Version : Ever fish the  jetty by coast guard  in

tattooedfish1
02-27-2008, 09:50 PM
heard you can get some decent rockfish out of there anyone ever fish it? Went to check it out one weekend and thought I might catch a diver so I didnt try fishin it.They were like flys ,they were everywhere! >:(

Hurricane5
02-27-2008, 10:22 PM
Where at??

cptdarel
02-28-2008, 07:51 AM
areyou talking about the jetty ay Monterey?, those fish swim in sea lion poop. :o

tattooedfish1
02-28-2008, 07:18 PM
If you a little farther south of the monterey wharf ,the coast guard is docked up there ,theres a concrete walkway with lots of rocks all along the left side some kelp,yes some seals big ones sunning,sometimes people diving ,and some kayakers.Dont know about the seal poop though CAPT. :-? .....LOL. If so thats ok,I dont eat fish,tastes gross to me anyway :P,I just love the sport of it! ;D

vdub
02-29-2008, 01:01 PM
sounds pretty sweet

try it out one day and let us know

Uncle_Sam
02-29-2008, 11:11 PM
I once saw a guy catch several rockfish from shore behind the Coast Guard station at Bodega Harbor. This was the only time I ever saw anyone catch anything on either side of Doran Park.

pulper80
03-01-2008, 07:41 AM
If you a little farther south of the monterey wharf ,the coast guard is docked up there ,theres a concrete walkway with lots of rocks all along *the left side some kelp,yes some seals big ones sunning,sometimes people diving ,and some kayakers.Dont know about the seal poop though CAPT. :-? .....LOL. If so thats ok,I dont eat fish,tastes gross to me anyway :P,I just love the sport of it! ;D

I tried there once casting out really far with an anchovie. Got nothing for several hours, then a kid walked by and he was dropping a squid straight down into the holes in the rocks in like 3 feet of water, and he caught several little rockfish about a foot long. Somehow he also had a red rock crab... Don't know how that happened.

tattooedfish1
03-01-2008, 10:04 PM
The kid down the block yanked a ling out of there and as you said ...some other rockfish about 12 inches or so. All on squid. I know theres fish there just wasnt sure if anybody here actually knew anything specific about this spot .I might have to go pay it a visit sometime soon! ;D