PDA

View Full Version : to early for barrs in the surf?

tattooedfish1
02-25-2008, 07:34 PM
Looking to take the girlfriend to catch some perch off a pier or something,never really fished em before where should I be at? Im looking at going somewhere between santa cruz and the monterey area.any recommedendations that you think shed catch something at? :-?what else is in the surf right now?Thx in advance

Toxic_Waste
02-25-2008, 07:41 PM
There are some striped bass being caught here and there along the shores in the surf. Not sure along any piers or wharfs, though. I usually have pretty good luck for perch using Berkley Gulp sandworms. Bought some of the BG sandcrab/fleas but didn't even get a bite with them. Other people report good luck with those but it just wasn't the right bait for the day i fished, I guess.

tattooedfish1
02-25-2008, 07:48 PM
Excuse me....Did you say Stripers! :o?where ,what beach!?never caught a saltwater striper,just in fresh. :-/

Toxic_Waste
02-25-2008, 09:09 PM
I have heard of them being caught off Sunset and Manresa state beaches (recently posted on these forums somewhere) but I imagine they'd be running along all the Monterey Bay beaches. I am trying to remember the minimum size requirement....I think 18 inches, north of Pt. Conception, which covers Monterey territory.

ducman
02-26-2008, 08:26 AM
Was at Sunset last Tuesday and bite was on....see post
http://www.fishsniffer.com/cgi-bin/forumsyabb/YaBB.pl?num=1203471666