PDA

View Full Version : Pillar Point on 2/11 (report)

Crass
02-11-2008, 08:25 PM
Went out for about 3 hours at the mini pier at PP's south side. Me and two buddies tossin squid on different rigs, two crabs and a 2ft leapord shark was it.

his neighbor got a 80" sturgie over there(somewhere around PP) the day before!

wasnt totally skunked, but i hope its a bit better during the day next time..

this (http://www.pierfishing.com/msgboard/pfmb.mv?forum=&module=view&viewid=341248&mode=all& row=0)was posted up on Cal Pier Fishin earlier.. which makes me not wonder about why it was out there but i will bring different bait next time..

ken_fishnfool
02-12-2008, 02:48 PM
They used to be that big, right here in S.F. Bay and Delta. :'(

Did you guys (or anyone you saw) try for perch? should be some decent ones showing up. ;)

Crass
02-13-2008, 01:59 PM
there was nobody out there when we went out(midnight, about)

and my two buddies just recently got saltwater poles, so i set em up with a simple rig(slide sinker, med size hook.. dont remember specifically, piece of squid).

what kinda setup & size hook would you suggest to throw for perch?

office_pirate79
02-13-2008, 11:48 PM
M or MH spinning outfit or surf rig if that's what ya got...hi/lo with three #6 hooks (I think 3 hooks is cool for perch...check the regs) & piece of pile worm on each. That's my go-to for perching from a pier and it's definitely produced.

OP

Crass
02-14-2008, 12:32 AM
sounds like a plan! how long a leader do you use on the hi-lo for each hook?

...where the hell do i get pile worm? :o

office_pirate79
02-14-2008, 10:12 AM
What I do is tie three dropper loops about 12-18" apart and use Eagle Claw Lazer Sharp snelled bait hooks...usually get 'em at Wally World. I know it's out of your way, but the Oyster Point bait shop has the pile worms. I cut them in 1-1 1/2" pieces.

OP