PDA

View Full Version : LOOKING FOR SANTA CRUZ FISHING INFO.

trout_baron
12-15-2007, 11:58 AM
Hey saltwater guys,I am going to Santa Cruz for a week over the Xmas holiday.And I was looking for some info. on some guides and boats to go out on.If you know anyone that is going out over the holidays .Please let me know.I have gear,beer and cash!Thank you.Sincerely T_B

garrett_s
12-15-2007, 12:03 PM
fishing off the pier can be productive. i also will be going there this december
i ussually fish anchovies and squid and get a variety of fish

scfisher831
12-15-2007, 12:44 PM
Its pretty much slow down here out in the bay.Not much going on.Salmon and rockfish are closed.Theres fishing for sanddabs which are tasty.The dungeness crab fishing is slow too.You could fish the beaches for perch as this is a good time to target them with the large swells making good holes for the perch.You can try the wharfs like Guppy mentioned.Theres the SC wharf,Seacliff pier,and Capitola wharf.Perch is whats around them now.Fish raw shrimp and cast under the pier is a good bet.Lots of fisherman turn there attention to steelhead fishing here now as it slows down in the bay.Good luck.PM me info you need more info.

trout_baron
12-15-2007, 04:17 PM
Guppy and scfisher.Thank you for the info on the fishing in S.C.Will try all of the above.Guppy when will you be down in S.C.Maybe we can meet. I would like to meet some of the fellow fly tyers.T_B

Fishmom
12-15-2007, 09:18 PM
TB, hope you enjoy your visit to Santa Cruz. Be aware that New Zealand Mud Snails have been found in the San Lorenzo River, which would be one of the areas that you might try for steelhead. Since folks often move from ne creek to another along the coast in this area, I would assume that they might be in any of the coastal creeks--Soquel, Scott, etc. Be prepared to purify your waders.

Sin_Coast
12-18-2007, 06:18 PM
http://fishingboard.gruk.net/

Seas_Candy
12-19-2007, 11:29 AM
Trout Barron
If you go fishing for steel head make sure that you have a steel head report card and have all the info filled out in ink. *I have been check by the game warden. *Also know the regs. *Fishing is only allowed on Sat., Sun., Wed., legal holidays, opening and closing days. Barbless hooks only. *Catch and release only. *Bait is still ok. *You will see lots of fly fisherman but I have had good luck drifting inflated night crawlers. *Look for the deep holes. *Good luck.

garrett_s
12-19-2007, 03:51 PM
i will be there this december mostly fishing for perch off the pier or on the rocks north of the pier. are there any other species of fish being caught at this time of year?

Intimidator
12-21-2007, 01:51 PM
Check out Bayside tackle

trout_baron
12-21-2007, 03:43 PM
Hey guys and gals,Just wanted to thank you for all the great info and web sites you listed.I have all the gear I need to spin and fly fish the surf.I will be down in S.C. the 23rd thru the 30th.So if you see some big dude walking and wading the beach and surf,stop and say hi. I will also be fishing the San Lorenzo river for some Steelhead if they happen to show up while I am down there. Thanks again and Merry Xmas.T_B