PDA

View Full Version : Friend coming to town, help please!

The Rich
01-11-2010, 02:51 AM
Posted on the hitch hiking board with no response, so I'm posting here as well. Thx.

Iív got a very good friend coming from Redding to Sac. 1/14 for the weekend and looking to do some fishing. Iím still without a new boat so Iím looking for suggestions on bank fishing any type of fish. We would also be interested in going out with other Sniffers to troll for trout, bass fish, or striper/sturgeon fishing. I know Steve would really like to go sturgeon fishing. Any suggestions or offers would be appriciated. Thank you.

tortuga
01-11-2010, 05:14 AM
The bank fishing at Melones is awesome right now. You might try Tuttletown Ramp.
Tortuga

steevo44
01-11-2010, 10:14 AM
I am in the same boat as you. I dont have anywhere to store a boat, so I do a lot of bank fishing. I caught 2 nice fish @ the north end of Camanche last week, and went back today to try my luck again. We caught 1 fish around 7:30 by the north ramp, and that is all we caught all day. We also tried the south shore and even the pond for a bit. It was VERY slow fishing from shore today for everybody. I did hear someone talking about the fishing at New Melones being good right now. :-/

Seon
01-11-2010, 10:28 AM
I am in the same boat as you...*

Isn't that an oxymoron...same (no) boat http://www.anglernet.net/forums/images/smilies/lol.gif

BTW I agree with going to* Melones http://www.anglernet.net/forums/images/smilies/2thumbsup.gif

CrappieJed
01-11-2010, 02:15 PM
Go to the docks at lake Amador, always something there to take your bait......try green power bait.

Great Grill and bar too :)

CJ <'///<

SDBASSIN
01-11-2010, 05:31 PM
I would steer away from Amador, Sorry CJ. Amador is on a huge year long slump and it's too pricy. Melones is a good bet though

HmongMinnow
01-11-2010, 05:35 PM
Try camamche pond, i fished there sunday and alot people landed good size healthy ones, most people caught their limits too. I only caught 2 rainbows though...

GCinGV
01-12-2010, 01:41 AM
Right now the best bets are Trout, Stripers and Sturgeon. For Sturgeon and Stripers you might try the Sac along the 160 levee between the Rio and Antioch bridges. Some decent shore spots across from Brannon Island State Park as well as along the Sherman Island levee (Power lines area) further south.
Hard to beat the pond at Camanche for Trout. There is actually some pretty good stream fishing going on at the moment as well in the upper rivers for pre-spawn, staging Rainbows moving up out of the lakes. They are staging in deeper water right now waiting for the temps to rise in a month or two. Only problem is you really have to work and cover a lot of stream to find the staging areas and with the low temps the bite is typically slow making it even harder to find them. Also need to check the regs very carefully to see where you can fish. Some nice fish to be had but also real easy to get skunked.
GC