PDA

View Full Version : MY Christmas Wish, Catchin' Trout

RickRyder
12-04-2009, 02:50 PM
I am 28 years old and the last time I went fishin' with my Dad was when I was 14. My Dad is coming up here to Nor Cal this Christmas and my wish is to take a nice fishin trip, just me and him, the day after Christmas. I am planning on fishing the bottom with a slide sinker setup with cut bait and powerbait. Can anyone recommend a good place to go where we can enjoy a nice day of fishing and catch some good trout or other fish? I was thinking comanche, but anywhere that is a good spot will do. We will be heading out of Vacaville area, so where are some good spots within an hour drive or so? It sure would be nice to bring home a couple keepers for me and my Dad to enjoy.

Thanks,
Rick.

ric1ric
12-04-2009, 09:49 PM
Maybe Amador

Jetspray
12-04-2009, 10:59 PM
Most of the lakes around you are pay for play (parking, fishing, boating and such). You could help your cause by going to OSH and picking up a Calif lake guide or your local book store. There are a bunch of phone numbers in any of the books to call and find out the condtions. Good luck out there.......Jetspray

FishbucketII
12-04-2009, 11:08 PM
Great answer Jetspray! .. maybe the library too. Wont have to spend extra for a book.

Because I dont advocate sitting in a patio chair at the indoor garden section, reading the book at Orchard supply ;)

fool4fish
12-04-2009, 11:42 PM
Rick, i sent you a pm. check it out.

xxxxxx
12-04-2009, 11:46 PM
I would go to Amador Lake or the south shore (pond) at Camanche.....No cut bait just power bait and lures..castmasters do ok at Amador retrieved slow.......Good Luck!!!

RF

fish_junky
12-05-2009, 12:40 AM
If I was going to bank fish for trout it'll only be 2 places for me. 1. Camanche South Shore Pond. 2. Amador.

Good Luck

RickRyder
12-05-2009, 02:23 AM
Thank you for the replies, this is very helpful, do any of you have any feedback on Del Valle?