PDA

View Full Version : Corona lake So. Calif.

B_RAN
10-21-2009, 08:08 AM
im not new to the boards i just lost my password and had to make a new account.. anywayys.. im going down south for a couple months and i was just wondering if anybody has tried corona lake? any replies would be much appricieted :) thank you!

SDBASSIN
10-21-2009, 09:03 AM
Corona lake and its sister lake Santa Ana River Lakes, have massive trout in them. They have a huge trout stocking program, Check out this website fishinglakes.com for more info

Jfitalia
10-21-2009, 09:37 AM
my dad lives there and I fish them all the time!! Santa Ana is the better lake because there is 2 lakes and there is more room to fish. there are three places to fish from shore... The spillway, Levitz corner and the launch area. All these spots are in the big lake. the bubble hole is another good spot but I have never caught a fish at that spot. the fish are really close to shore and close to the bottom. Im talking about using a leader of a foot. This is a great lake to use jigs as well, just get them close to the bottom. Do you by chance have a float tube? PM me if you want more details

B_RAN
10-21-2009, 12:29 PM
ya ive read on the website.. sounds pretty leggit! i want to catch my biggest trout there at least 10 lbs. (or if i get lucky over). they plant like 4 days in a row.. which day do you think is best to go on?? thank you very much. :)

SDBASSIN
10-21-2009, 02:19 PM
If you get lucky enough you might just land a trout that is close to 20 or maybe even bigger. Like any popular lake i would say the weekdays are probably better. good luck