PDA

View Full Version : Loon Lake 9-26

Big Ken
09-27-2009, 04:30 PM
Made the trek to Loon Lake on Saturday. I love this lake. To me it feels like im fishing on top of the world.. Maybe its just the altitude. thin air and all.
I was by myself this time. I havent fished by myself in like a year and a half. It was nice but I really enjoy having company too. Especially when I have days like the one I had yesterday.
I got on the lake about 730(late for me) but it is a ways from Sacramento. I got my 1st pole in about 200ft from the dock & had my 1st FISH ON about 5 min. later. A nice 12 1/2 inch bow. I put that rod back out & started to get my second rod ready to go out when I hear my 1st rod go off again. A little scrappy 10 incher. (released) so I put that rod back out & Then get the other rod almost all the way out and the 1st rod goes off again.* :o. a 12 incher. It kinda went like that all day for me. It was probably one of the best days fishing(fish wise) that I have ever had. I*lost count after 18. I think it was 21 or 22 but cant say for sure. But I do remember I had 18 at one point. At 2pm I had decided to finnish out my 5 fish limit so I said to myself(because no one else was there) I will keep the next one & call it a day. I couldnt buy another fish. After another hour & several "freons" (thats what we call a swing & a miss on my boat ;) ;D) I called it a day. off the water at 3.

Now for the good stuff.
Depth: on top to 10ft
What:* GVF spinbugs in green,orange & pink
* ** ** ** GVF Draggin Tequila sunrise pattern
Where: Main body was the where all the fish came.

I can show you what caught SOME of the fish but most came on a some prototypes that Rich is working on. These new lures are going to be HOT.

This is what caught SOME of the fish. These caught 3 fish a piece.
http://i387.photobucket.com/albums/oo311/fishnphool/IMG_0894.jpg

This is the size of the 4 I kept.
http://i387.photobucket.com/albums/oo311/fishnphool/IMG_0891.jpg

I might have to make another trip back up there before winter sets in.

Good luck & better fishing

Big Ken

l_muchowski
09-27-2009, 04:56 PM
Nice Day on the water.As hot as it is down here it might be cooling off at night? It was really full when I was ther in early Augest is it still? AND thank for the Fishing info. Great to a good report. :) :) :)

Jfitalia
09-27-2009, 07:27 PM
what a great looking fish, nice job!! I bet all those fish you kept had pink meat! :)

Noobfisher
09-27-2009, 10:35 PM
Hey Ken, thanks for the info. I was wondering where a guy would get some lures like the ones you show in your post? Do you just put nightcrawlers on the hooks and troll with them? Thanks.

Garden_Valley_Fish
09-27-2009, 11:25 PM
Nice work Ken glad the new pattern is working well
Now that the Kokes are done I'll be seeing more of Loon.

fish_junky
09-28-2009, 12:07 AM
Good report Ken. I almost went solo also but changed my mind. I wish I knew you didn't have anybody I would have went. :)

Big Ken
09-28-2009, 05:40 AM
streamwalker: it was down a little way. Only the left side of the ramp is launchable.

jfitalia: the meat was so pink it looked like kokanee

Noobfisher: GVFLures.com or send GVF a pm & he can hook you up ;)

Man Kevin I wish I would have known also. PM recivied. would have been nice to share the great day. It was cooler up there than in the Valley thats for sure.
We will have to get out soon.

Big Ken