PDA

View Full Version : Mixed bag at Shasta

Lil_Richy
09-07-2009, 10:12 AM
Hit the lake late Friday afternoon for a decent bite til dark. Put my 5 in the box and looking forward to see what tomorrow brings. Full moon.... figured it would be a late bite so I slept in and started about 9:00 on Sat. morning. (Full moons are great for getting a little extra time in the sack) Slow start but at about 10:30 things picked up considerably and was able to bring about 15 fish to the boat in a couple of hours. Called it a day and went with the same game plan for Sunday morning...... some how, the fish figured out the game plan and decided to run their own agenda!!!!! 3 hours.... 3 fish ( of which one was a 3lb bass caught at 60'). Oh well....
Summary
Water... 72-73 degrees
Lures.... Cripplures, Humdingers, Apex
Depth.... 50 - 70'
Area.... Let's call it "The big loop". Dry Creek to the Dam, the Dam to Digger Bay, Digger bay to Toupee Island, Toupee Island to Dry Creek
Given the number of fisherman, jet skiis, wake boarders, and a full moon, it's understandable that things fell off on Sunday!!!!

Zebco Kid
09-07-2009, 01:13 PM
Hey Harleyhanz,

I'll be doing the same junket on Thursday, Friday, Saturday.

Thanks for the report.

DG

King James
09-07-2009, 10:50 PM
Good report....I should be doing the same thing around the end of Sept.....Keep the Shasta reports comming guys!

chartreuse moose
09-08-2009, 08:40 PM
Thanks for the report, I will be out there Thursday
to Monday myself

mrsockeye
09-09-2009, 08:11 AM
Wow, I hate to say it but we slayed them both days. I guess that is why they call it fishing? Actually, on Sunday we got into a ferocious early morning bite before the sun came up. Maybe you saw me out there, white North River with Honda's on it, Nevada stickers? I got most of my fish deeper than 60'. Above 60' I ran into mostly trout.