PDA

View Full Version : Lake Chabot - 18 Jun 09

LuckyIrishFan
06-18-2009, 10:00 PM
Headed to Chabot with my daughter, son, goddaughter and her older sister and brother. Got to Indian Cove at about 1pm, and had my 1st 2 poles in the water by 1:15. While I was setting up my 3rd pole, my 1st pole on the right hit hard...reeled in the 1st one and it was a decent 13" trout. As I was reeling it in my 2nd pole in the middle hit hard too, I had to let my 1st pole down into the pole holder while I tried to set the hook on the 2nd pole; however, half way through reeling it in the fish spit the hook out. It was my goddaughter's and her brother and sister 1st time fishing and they had a great time. My goddaughter's pole had three more fish bite but the fish would just spit the hook out...or I just plain and simply could not get the hook set right. Anyhow, other than the disappointment of possibly going home with four fishes, my goddaughter and her brother and sister had a great time fishing for their 1st time. It was definitely warm/hot out there and to my surprise I didn't think the fish would be biting or giving me that much action from 1:00-4:00 in the warm/hot afternoon sun. Like I explained to my goddaughter and her brother and sister, just being out there and watching them learn how to cast with a fishing pole, and enjoy themselves was a good day. Catching a fish and getting action during the three hours was just bonus for the day. GOD I LOVE FISHING...FISH ON!

Texan211
06-18-2009, 10:07 PM
Sounds like a great day! Teaching kids how to fish helps them to respect nature and the taking care of the environment which helps all of us good job lucky! 8-) ;) Was it crowded there? How was everyone else doing?

Texan

LuckyIrishFan
06-19-2009, 06:21 AM
Was not crowded at all. There was only a father and his son next to us. It was a ghost town at the Indian Cove area...not sure how it was at the other spots. FISH ON!