PDA

View Full Version : Rollins

PorterO
06-18-2009, 06:32 PM
Anyone been up there lately or have any tips? I'm going camping up there with some friends this weekend. Wanted to do a lil fishing but haven't been there before. Going to have to explore to find some spots I guess. Ill be fishing from the bank as well. Any info would be greatly appreciated...

catcher_on_the_fly
06-18-2009, 07:36 PM
I live close by,the news is not good! I had good success in jan and feb banking browns,fished about 10 times since with a the smell of skunk.The bass should be biting,some cats(channel),but if your goal is trout,try and go real deep,havent seen a bow so far this year.Good Luck and I hope you find where there hiding.

PorterO
06-18-2009, 08:33 PM
ahh that sucks. Sounds about how it was on memorial day when I went up to scotts flat. Major skunk smelling that whole lake up over there haha..... what do they catch the cat fish on? Maybe ill just take some sardines and try for cats/bass. Put some power bait on the other one or just throw small spinners. Ive never been there so i dont know what the lake even looks like. Is over by the dam better? can you even fish that area? looks like it would be deeper there.

PorterO
06-19-2009, 05:05 AM
Weak Sauce...

Cofaxtroutman
06-19-2009, 05:56 AM
I was out trolling in my kayak last weekend, had some hits but no hook ups. I have rairly been skunked at Rollins, although I've never caught anything real big. Try power bait if you're going for trout. The small mouth should be biting, work rocky points with senko's (green). They aren't big, but they fight like crazy. Good luck, let us know how you do.

PorterO
06-19-2009, 06:03 AM
Yeah I'll give you guys a report for sure. I'm thinking about getting some sardines to take up there but I think it'll be better to just use worms. I'll deff be trying some diff methods out there. Maybe I'll be able to catch some grass hoppers up there with this warmer weather. Last time I was up at Scotts I caught a 1lbs small mouth of a kastmaster so I'll try throwing some small lures see if I can get one on....