PDA

View Full Version : Goint to June Lake, need info!

budnad
06-14-2009, 01:35 PM
We will be at June Lake from the 18 - 21st. I have a 16 ft boat w/40 merc. Where is the best places to launch it? Lake and sites please.

Thanks, Bud

random hookups
06-14-2009, 01:53 PM
Launch from the Marina. I'm not sure but I believe that's the only place to launch. I always rent a spot on the dock while I'm there and keep the boat in the water for the duration of my stay.

Captain Compassion
06-14-2009, 03:24 PM
As Random Hookups sez.

http://www.junelakemarina.net/

CC

kingman65
06-14-2009, 08:47 PM
budnad,
I just got back from June Lake(8th to 12th), rented pontoon boat at marina. The marina has launch ramp, there's another one on the other side of the campground but they charge 10 bucks to launch. We limited out that day, we fished along the weeds on the west or swest side of lake ( standing at marina they're on the left of you, not far from marina). They planted 42 alpers fish with a total weigh of 145# on Tues. 6-9. One guy laned a 5# trout and another landed a 7 pounder on thurs. We also fished Convict lake and limited out there to. That lake is beautiful! We used panther martins at both places. hope this helps you out. Let us know how you do.

notenufffishn
06-15-2009, 06:54 AM
Thanks for the info, I am headed up there tomorrow morning but staying at Lake Mary......just might have to try June and Convict too. This area has become my favorite trip, no crowds and just a bunch of good people.

rc mckokanee
06-15-2009, 07:41 AM
grant lake is another good lake to try, so is silver, last time i tried to camp at june lake in june the place was full of L.A. people. the streams between the lakes can be productive also. beautiful area and in the town of june lake they have this place that serves a great burrito.

budnad
06-15-2009, 07:58 AM
Thands for all the info on the launching. Looking forward to some good trout fishing with my sons. It will be the first time in over 40 years that we have been fishing all togeather. Should be fun.

Thanks again, Bud

notenufffishn
06-15-2009, 10:08 AM
Budnad,
What kind of boat do you have? i am thinking about heading to June on Thursday or Friday and will look for you. I have a 14ft Sea Nymph and two little guys. I will be camping at Mary Tuesday the 16th leaving Sunday.

budnad
06-15-2009, 11:35 AM
notenuf...I have a 16.5 ft Fisher w/40hp merc. I will also have 3 BIG guys. My sons are all over 50. The boat is white with black trim. May or maynot have the top up (black). Maybe we can meet. Be good to touch base with a fellow sniffer.